News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Blocked Kick of a Bucket  ( 968 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Blocked Kick of a Bucket
« on: June 13, 2016, 09:28:52 AM »
Bryan Robinson, who is known for two plays during his six-year Bear career: his block of what would have been a game-winning field goal at Lambeau Field in the Bears 14-13 win Nov. 7, 1999 just days after Payton died (N.B., it was also my father's 55th and last birthday and he was at Lambeau that day basking in the meaningless win, so thanks, Bryan); and his batting of a Tim Crouch pass in overtime of a Nov. 4, 2001 game. That pass was caught by Mike Brown, who ran straight into the end zone down the tunnel and into the Bears locker room.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Blocked Kick of a Bucket
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:15:34 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 13, 2016, 09:28:52 AM
Bryan Robinson, who is known for two plays during his six-year Bear career: his block of what would have been a game-winning field goal at Lambeau Field in the Bears 14-13 win Nov. 7, 1999 just days after Payton died (N.B., it was also my father's 55th and last birthday and he was at Lambeau that day basking in the meaningless win, so thanks, Bryan); and his batting of a Tim Crouch pass in overtime of a Nov. 4, 2001 game. That pass was caught by Mike Brown, who ran straight into the end zone down the tunnel and into the Bears locker room.

Sweetest double-thud I've ever heard in my life. My buddy and I walked out of Lambeau singing BEAR DOWN at the top of our lungs.