News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Willson Contreras Catches Our Hearts Appreciation Thread  ( 16,519 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Willson Contreras Catches Our Hearts Appreciation Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2016, 11:49:42 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on August 24, 2016, 09:23:21 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 24, 2016, 08:27:51 AM
Glad things went much better for the Jake-Willson battery this time around, and his throbbing, pulsing armcock claimed yet another victim.

Why do teams still take leads? The Cubs have to lead the league in pickoffs. I like that the catchers have the freedom to just launch laser beams at baserunners. It seems like yet another way the Cubs have found a way to get free outs. I love this organization so much, and it's in large part due to the players being so goddamn good and likeable but also because this version of the Cubs organization is in such stark contrast to the one from my many years loathing them before Theo and Jed took over.

Because Jankowski runs the bases like his hair is on fire, which has led to some fun moments (stealing home last week), and getting nabbed twice in two games this week.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2016, 04:47:05 PM »
Great oppo blast for Willy.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2016, 09:10:39 PM »
BUMP
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2016, 10:28:40 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on September 19, 2016, 09:10:39 PM
BUMP

The catcher's reaction makes it all worthwhile.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2016, 11:37:20 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 20, 2016, 10:28:40 AM
BUMP

I thought the fact that it tied the game for the Cubs was worthwhile. If it had barely cleared the fence aided by a 40 mph gale force wind and the catcher said "ser, I daresay ser that home run was in no way honorable and I am not impressed in the slightest" I would have still deemed it worthwhile.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2016, 06:34:29 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 20, 2016, 11:37:20 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on September 20, 2016, 10:28:40 AM
BUMP

I thought the fact that it tied the game for the Cubs was worthwhile. If it had barely cleared the fence aided by a 40 mph gale force wind and the catcher said "ser, I daresay ser that home run was in no way honorable and I am not impressed in the slightest" I would have still deemed it worthwhile.

Nope, the catcher's reaction was the only enjoyable or important part of the entire moment.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2016, 02:01:03 PM »
BUMP both for the game tying single but also the fact that his strategic plunking of Brandon Crawford's elbow in game 3 directly led to two terrible throws in game 4 that led to two Cubs runs. Willson is playing chess while y'all are playing checkers.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2016, 05:04:43 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 12, 2016, 02:01:03 PM
BUMP both for the game tying single but also the fact that his strategic plunking of Brandon Crawford's elbow in game 3 directly led to two terrible throws in game 4 that led to two Cubs runs. Willson is playing chess while y'all are playing checkers.

Indeed! Not many people would think hitting someone in their left arm would cause throwing problems with their right. But Contreras is basically Bobby Fischer without the anti-semitism.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2016, 05:57:28 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 12, 2016, 05:04:43 PM

Indeed! Not many people would think hitting someone in their left arm would cause throwing problems with their right. But Contreras is basically Bobby Fischer without the anti-semitism.

It's all connected

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2016, 07:26:43 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 12, 2016, 05:04:43 PM

Are we sure about this?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2017, 11:05:29 PM »
Ruthless. I loved it.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2017, 12:59:07 PM »

Oh Boy.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2017, 07:29:33 PM »
This guy is something else.   Perhaps not a great defensive catcher, but considering his offensive skills I will overlook that.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2017, 09:06:02 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 22, 2017, 07:29:33 PM
This guy is something else.   Perhaps not a great defensive catcher, but considering his offensive skills I will overlook that.

He's not a *great* defender yet, no, but statistically he's a pretty darn good one