News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Love and Friendship  ( 2,003 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Love and Friendship
« on: July 04, 2016, 09:53:42 PM »
You will have to search around to find this movie.  It is worth the hunt.  I read that Jane Austen was 15 when she wrote the short book on which it is based.  That lady was a comic genius.  The funny lines come at you so fast and in most cases with such subtlety that by the time you figure it out you missed the next one.  I plan to see it again so I can enjoy what I missed.  Kate Beckinsale plays a young aristocratic widow who ostensibly is attempting to find a husband for her daughter, but has never put anyone  else's interests before her own.  The cast is loaded with talented English actors fresh off of Masterpiece theater.  Parts of the movie are pure slapstick.  They might as well be throwing pies at each other.  But mostly it is clever wit and sarcasm, and throwaway lines that put a constant smile on my face.   
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)