News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: John Paul Stevens outlasts another one  ( 1,430 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
John Paul Stevens outlasts another one
« on: August 06, 2016, 11:01:23 PM »
The VCR shall be no more.

This reminds me again today, though, given that Pete Fountain is also now dead (I couldn't come up with anything), that there was a time in high school – '87 or '88 – when the jazz-band conductor was raving the next day about one of Fountain's performances on the Tonight Show, which my memory tells me that I also saw, in which the program ran over on-air because the audience refused to let him stop. That's a recording I'd like to see.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: John Paul Stevens outlasts another one
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 11:50:06 PM »
Link wasn't working so try this: http://fortune.com/2016/07/21/last-video-cassette-recorder-maker/

I still have two of them, an at the time very expensive Toshiba and a very reliable Sony.
They both get used on occasion.

Aside from that, the amount of "For Adults Only" videos that I have adjusted tracking to over past decades...
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 12:16:30 AM »
Thought a sitting Supreme Court justice had died. Darn you, Wheezer.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 06:32:50 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 08, 2016, 12:16:30 AM

Yeah, because this election isn't enough of a shitstorm already.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 09:34:23 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 08, 2016, 06:32:50 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 08, 2016, 12:16:30 AM

Yeah, because this election isn't enough of a shitstorm already.

On the other hand, if one kicked the bucket we would have an odd number again and the possibility of 4 to 3 decisions.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)