News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Mike Montgomery's Curveball Will Drink The Blood of Nonbelievers Splooge Thread  ( 4,145 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I think that relief appearance in a WS game merits your own thread
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2016, 10:31:38 PM
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Bort on October 26, 2016, 10:49:51 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2016, 10:31:38 PM

Gat dangit
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
He came up huge in Game 3 against SF too, giving the Cubs 4 scoreless innings before running out of gas in a game where Bochy burned his bullpen, leading to their pants shitting in Game 4.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on October 27, 2016, 08:24:50 AM
He came up huge in Game 3 against SF too, giving the Cubs 4 scoreless innings before running out of gas in a game where Bochy burned his bullpen, leading to their pants shitting in Game 4.

Indeed. I get why they are excited about what he can do for them as a starter next year but when that curveball is working he's such a devastating option out of the pen.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on October 27, 2016, 08:26:48 AM

Indeed. I get why they are excited about what he can do for them as a starter next year but when that curveball is working he's such a devastating option out of the pen.

This is the genius of Epstein at work. Because I'm a paranoid pessimist, whenever I think about next season I worry about how the pitching will hold up. (Aren't they just due for some injuries?) But a good number of the relievers in the Cubs pen are guys who might be starting on about half the teams in baseball, Montgomery included. I still think Epstein will seek to improve the rotation through trades this off season, if only to help clear a path toward regular starting for Baez and Schwarber. Montgomery being an innings-eating nightmare may be one of the best things that can happen to the pen next year.
M'lady.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club

There's a simple solution... He can be the 5th starter all year, but he'll be a 5th starter that will be useful on a playoff roster out of the pen. Best of both worlds.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Canadouche on October 27, 2016, 08:50:01 AM

This is the genius of Epstein at work. Because I'm a paranoid pessimist, whenever I think about next season I worry about how the pitching will hold up. (Aren't they just due for some injuries?) But a good number of the relievers in the Cubs pen are guys who might be starting on about half the teams in baseball, Montgomery included. I still think Epstein will seek to improve the rotation through trades this off season, if only to help clear a path toward regular starting for Baez and Schwarber. Montgomery being an innings-eating nightmare may be one of the best things that can happen to the pen next year.
Really?  They are going into the third game of the World Series and you are worried about next season?  Carpe Diem!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: CBStew on October 27, 2016, 09:35:46 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on October 27, 2016, 08:50:01 AM

Really?  They are going into the third game of the World Series and you are worried about next season?  Carpe Diem!

Just responding to SKO's comment about where to slot Montgomery next year.

And anyway -- of course I'm thinking about next year. This is such an amazing, exciting team, it's hard to stop myself from looking ahead and imagining them building on their already-growing legend.
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
R.A. Dickey retire bitch
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 19, 2017, 12:35:06 PM
R.A. Dickey retire bitch

Fuck that, trade him to Milwaukee.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
One of us should probably have bumped this when he recorded the final out of the World Series.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on July 19, 2017, 02:42:25 PM
One of us should probably have bumped this when he recorded the final out of the World Series.

We were busy
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: thehawk on July 19, 2017, 03:00:23 PM

We were busy

Really? I was just home watching a ballgame.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: thehawk on July 19, 2017, 03:00:23 PM

We were busy

I'm trying to remember if I was even aware Mike Montgomery was on the mound. After Edwards was pulled I was kind of just catatonic there and then he got Martinez so fast I barely had time to process it and then I spent a good half hour face down on the floor sobbing.