News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs 2017 Let's Win Two!  ( 37,801 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs 2017 Let's Win Two!
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2017, 07:07:23 PM »

I'm so fucking amped.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2017, 08:55:33 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 02, 2017, 12:25:40 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on April 02, 2017, 08:46:48 AM
It continues to feel weird to me that there is no easy "favourite Cub" in this team. Every time I think that Baez is my favourite, I am reminded of how awesome Schwarber is, who literally did something unheard of that will almost certainly never be duplicated. And Heyward, who burned the Cardinals fans to be here, and has spoken repeatedly about how much he loves this team. And, obviously, Rizzo and Bryant. And Arrieta remains a total badass. I mean, how does one choose?

It's Rizzo. He was the first Theo player to be here so he was the harbinger of things to come. Add in the looks on his face of amazement and wonder when good things are happening to the team and it's hard not to think of his personal health history. He's lucky to be alive. And he plays that way. Everything good is a joy to him because he was this close to none of this happening.

He knows how fortunate he is to even be here. And we are just fortunate to watch him.

I've rewatched this video a significant amount of times because it's all relevant to my interests. But my favorite-est part is at ~12:20 where Tony Ballgame puts his hands on his head and said what everyone else was thinking at home.

https://youtu.be/jyqbAXKUoAI?list=LLKXY3caHehZHgq2282x3Oxg&t=710

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: April 02, 2017, 10:57:01 PM »
Fuck yeah, Willson.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2017, 09:07:20 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 02, 2017, 05:31:03 PM
Quote from: Eli on April 02, 2017, 01:37:42 PM
It continues to feel weird to me that there is no easy "favourite Cub" in this team. Every time I think that Baez is my favourite, I am reminded of how awesome Schwarber is, who literally did something unheard of that will almost certainly never be duplicated. And Heyward, who burned the Cardinals fans to be here, and has spoken repeatedly about how much he loves this team. And, obviously, Rizzo and Bryant. And Arrieta remains a total badass. I mean, how does one choose?

It's Rizzo. He was the first Theo player to be here so he was the harbinger of things to come. Add in the looks on his face of amazement and wonder when good things are happening to the team and it's hard not to think of his personal health history. He's lucky to be alive. And he plays that way. Everything good is a joy to him because he was this close to none of this happening.

He knows how fortunate he is to even be here. And we are just fortunate to watch him.

Chuck is ... not wrong?

It was limited-stage Hodgkin disease, so the "lucky to be alive" part is a bit over the top.

We're all lucky to be alive, Wheez.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2017, 12:45:51 AM »

Chuck is ... not wrong?

It was limited-stage Hodgkin disease, so the "lucky to be alive" part is a bit over the top.

Does that mean it's the funny cancer?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2017, 07:52:37 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 04, 2017, 12:45:51 AM

Chuck is ... not wrong?

Does that mean it's the funny cancer?

An eminently curable one. The odds greatly favored his being alive.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2017, 10:14:53 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2017, 04:50:18 PM »
That game sucked.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2017, 05:13:05 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 14, 2017, 04:50:18 PM
That game sucked.

You're not going to get 162 gems.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2017, 12:33:23 AM »
Great news: Chris Coghlan is back in the bigs (Toronto), so now there's a team to trade with!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2017, 03:58:16 PM »
That game sucked.

This game also sucks.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2017, 09:29:51 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 15, 2017, 03:58:16 PM
That game sucked.

This game also sucks.

Yeah, dude--they're going to lose like, at least 60 games.

Try to fucking pace yourself, eh, mate?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs