News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs 2017 Let's Win Two!  ( 37,823 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs 2017 Let's Win Two!
« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2017, 03:11:52 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on April 15, 2017, 09:29:51 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 15, 2017, 03:58:16 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 14, 2017, 04:50:18 PM
That game sucked.

This game also sucks.

Yeah, dude--they're going to lose like, at least 60 games.

Try to fucking pace yourself, eh, mate?

Those two posts were about (1) losing after they loaded the bases twice in the last two innings and didn't get a single run and (2) losing after blowing a big lead to some slapstick windblown hitting and maybe two well hit balls. So if we're not allowed to express some tiny amount of frustration with bad losses anymore I guess I'll just start checking box scores instead of watching the games. Don't worry, I'll tell you when it's the playoffs.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2017, 12:59:06 AM »
Down 5-0 after losing the previous 4 games.

No sweat.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: April 24, 2017, 07:09:58 PM »
Ol' Brett Anderson can't even get out of the way of a throw across the diamond without nearly killing himself. I give him until June 1.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: April 27, 2017, 01:06:04 PM »
Are there any really good starting pitchers who may be available at the deadline other than Quintana & Archer? Obviously the current rotation does not suck but just wondering if the mythical good and/or cost-controlled starting pitcher trade will ever happen.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2017, 01:18:39 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 27, 2017, 01:06:04 PM
Are there any really good starting pitchers who may be available at the deadline other than Quintana & Archer? Obviously the current rotation does not suck but just wondering if the mythical good and/or cost-controlled starting pitcher trade will ever happen.

If Tampa goes down and Archer is too expensive I could see the Cubs looking into Cobb or Snell.

I wonder if Toronto could be convinced to part with Marcus Stroman if their struggles keep up. They really emptied the farm in the Tulowitzki, Price, Donaldson, and Dickey trades and could use some young position players with Donaldson likely to bounce and guys like Martin and Bautista getting up there. I know they just extended him but you'd have to think a guy like Happ would really look good to a team like Kansas City in a possible Danny Duffy trade.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2017, 02:04:42 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 27, 2017, 01:18:39 PM

If Tampa goes down and Archer is too expensive I could see the Cubs looking into Cobb or Snell.

I wonder if Toronto could be convinced to part with Marcus Stroman if their struggles keep up. They really emptied the farm in the Tulowitzki, Price, Donaldson, and Dickey trades and could use some young position players with Donaldson likely to bounce and guys like Martin and Bautista getting up there. I know they just extended him but you'd have to think a guy like Happ would really look good to a team like Kansas City in a possible Danny Duffy trade.

I'd love to find a way to get both Quintana and Robertson. Not a huge Robertson fan, but the Sox are going to dump him. Might as well be to the Cubs and not to a competitor. Also, Robertson is under contract through 2018 and Quintana through 2020. Neither would be a pure rental.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2017, 03:25:58 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 27, 2017, 02:04:42 PM

I'd love to find a way to get both Quintana and Robertson. Not a huge Robertson fan, but the Sox are going to dump him. Might as well be to the Cubs and not to a competitor. Also, Robertson is under contract through 2018 and Quintana through 2020. Neither would be a pure rental.

Yeah but Reinsdorf is a fuckwit who has banned the Cubs from trading with the White Sox, apparently still mad about the Sosa deal.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2017, 03:42:31 PM »

Danny Duffy, please. Fuck and yes. We already let them have Hammel and Wood, they kind of owe us.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2017, 10:24:10 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 27, 2017, 03:42:31 PM

Danny Duffy, please. Fuck and yes. We already let them have Hammel and Wood, they kind of owe us.

Just signed an extension before the season.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2017, 10:25:28 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 27, 2017, 10:24:10 PM

Ok. They can have Eloy too.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2017, 09:42:59 AM »

I DONE SAID THAT, ELI. That extension doesn't necessarily make him untradeable. He's 28, if they come to the conclusion that another 3-4 year rebuild is in the works then they might not decide a guy who will be over 30 when they contend again is a key part of the core. That extension actually probably makes him an even better trade chip because it's well below market for a solid left handed SP. So I wouldn't rule him out necessarily.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2017, 11:39:18 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 28, 2017, 09:42:59 AM

I DONE SAID THAT, ELI. That extension doesn't necessarily make him untradeable. He's 28, if they come to the conclusion that another 3-4 year rebuild is in the works then they might not decide a guy who will be over 30 when they contend again is a key part of the core. That extension actually probably makes him an even better trade chip because it's well below market for a solid left handed SP. So I wouldn't rule him out necessarily.

Yeah, I'd say an extension may make him more expendable, in light of how the Royals may well be going back to ass for a little while.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2017, 12:03:17 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on April 28, 2017, 11:39:18 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 28, 2017, 09:42:59 AM

Yeah, I'd say an extension may make him more expendable, in light of how the Royals may well be going back to ass for a little while.

Yeah he's signed through 2021 (when he'll be 32) at a cost of 15.5 mil a year. I guess it depends on how quickly KC thinks they can turn this around but I could absolutely see them deciding that Duffy makes more sense as a trade chip than waiting to see how quickly they can build a contender around a guy who will be at least 30 or older when they can compete again.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: April 29, 2017, 04:38:35 PM »
The starters should stop sucking, just my humble opinion

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: April 29, 2017, 10:10:14 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 29, 2017, 04:38:35 PM
The starters should stop sucking, just my humble opinion

Hard agree.

Really starting to hate John Lackey.