News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Dead Frog...  ( 1,075 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Dead Frog...
« on: March 10, 2017, 01:24:43 PM »
While searching for a catchy headline for the demise of Cubs' 20 game winner Bill "Froggy" Hands, I learned the meaning of Dead Frog.

So everyone press your junk against some glass tonight in tribute to Bill Hands.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Dead Frog...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 10:25:44 AM »
His local obit is fantastic.

"No one hated the Mets more than Billy Hands," said Bill Fish, the golf pro at Islands End in Greenport, who played golf with Mr. Hands every Friday for the past five or six years from April to October. He still wore his Cubs hat and rooted for Chicago.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Dead Frog...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 07:51:34 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 15, 2017, 10:25:44 AM
His local obit is fantastic.

"No one hated the Mets more than Billy Hands," said Bill Fish, the golf pro at Islands End in Greenport, who played golf with Mr. Hands every Friday for the past five or six years from April to October. He still wore his Cubs hat and rooted for Chicago.

I met him at an Emil Verban Society luncheon, and he invited us to visit him out in Orient. Sadly, we never made the trek. Awesome guy.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16