News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2  ( 1,935 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
« on: June 04, 2017, 06:54:01 AM »
Laugh-out-loud funny, spectacular, charming, gripping and more than a little emosh.  Fucking fantastic.

SPOILER ALERT

I was genuinely gutted to see the end of Yondu, one of my favourite characters in film.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 08:25:50 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on June 04, 2017, 06:54:01 AM
Laugh-out-loud funny, spectacular, charming, gripping and more than a little emosh.  Fucking fantastic.

SPOILER ALERT

I was genuinely gutted to see the end of Yondu, one of my favourite characters in film.

I cannot believe I am agreeing with Chuck of all people, but I was extremely underwhelmed. The third act was solid, the rest had pacing issues, the musical cues felt really forced and not at all natural like they did in the first movie. I was pretty disappointed. The Yondu stuff was great, though.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 08:29:07 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 07, 2017, 08:25:50 AM

SPOILER ALERT

I cannot believe I am agreeing with Chuck of all people, but I was extremely underwhelmed. The third act was solid, the rest had pacing issues, the musical cues felt really forced and not at all natural like they did in the first movie. I was pretty disappointed. The Yondu stuff was great, though.

Big pile of meh.

I had to read the Wikipedia page to understand Yondu kept Peter alive because he was trafficking kids to Ego and felt sorry for Peter.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 08:53:05 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 07, 2017, 08:29:07 AM

SPOILER ALERT

Big pile of meh.

I had to read the Wikipedia page to understand Yondu kept Peter alive because he was trafficking kids to Ego and felt sorry for Peter.

It wasn't that complicated, old son.  Are you getting a bit hard of thinking in your old age?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 09:07:52 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 07, 2017, 08:53:05 AM

SPOILER ALERT

Big pile of meh.

It wasn't that complicated, old son.  Are you getting a bit hard of thinking in your old age?

That and shitty storytelling.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 09:18:22 AM »

SPOILER ALERT

Big pile of meh.

Since I feel bad agreeing with Chuck on the movie overall I will join Tonk here in saying yeah that was not hard to figure out in the movie itself.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 09:40:55 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 07, 2017, 09:18:22 AM

SPOILER ALERT

Big pile of meh.

Since I feel bad agreeing with Chuck on the movie overall I will join Tonk here in saying yeah that was not hard to figure out in the movie itself.

Maybe. I had so lost interest about an hour in I probably just missed it. Got up in the middle to go make popcorn.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 10:51:42 PM »
Tonk is right. Everyone else is a Chuck.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 01:46:37 PM »
Quote from: Bort on October 08, 2017, 10:51:42 PM

Tonk and Bort are right.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 02:18:49 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 09, 2017, 01:46:37 PM
Quote from: Bort on October 08, 2017, 10:51:42 PM

Tonk and Bort are right.

I wish we had a podcast to debate this.