News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: WARRIORS ARE CHAMPIONS...AGAIN!  ( 8,597 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
WARRIORS ARE CHAMPIONS...AGAIN!
« on: June 14, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »
We in the Bay Area have just had the pleasure of watching a great team, functioning as a team.  Contrast that with the LeBron James and associates organization.  A play in Cleveland consists of LeBron holding the ball and running down the length of the court where he makes his dramatic dunks to the oohs and aahs of the savants in Ohio.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: WARRIORS ARE CHAMPIONS...AGAIN!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 07:13:04 PM »
Is Stew putting Apex on blast?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 10:45:05 PM »
Quote from: Bort on June 14, 2017, 07:13:04 PM

Pretty sure he doesn't come around here anymore but it never hurts to throw up the wigger signal.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 09:28:52 AM »

Apex legitimately made fun of bandwagon Warriors fans on facebook the other day and I did not know how to respond to something so incredibly un-self aware. Unless he was being so meta and tongue in cheek about his own bandwagon-ing that it eluded my grasp, in which case he's streets ahead.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 09:31:42 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 15, 2017, 09:28:52 AM

Apex legitimately made fun of bandwagon Warriors fans on facebook the other day and I did not know how to respond to something so incredibly un-self aware. Unless he was being so meta and tongue in cheek about his own bandwagon-ing that it eluded my grasp, in which case he's streets ahead.

That's awesome.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 01:44:47 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 15, 2017, 09:28:52 AM

Yeah, I saw his comments criticizing the Warriors for signing Durant, because we all know using free agency to create a superteam is

*checks earpiece*

Hold on, I'm being reminded of a team that literally did this:

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »
WARRIORS!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 04:53:15 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 14, 2017, 04:57:44 PM
We in the Bay Area have just had the pleasure of watching a great team, functioning as a team.  Contrast that with the LeBron James and associates organization.  A play in Cleveland consists of LeBron holding the ball and running down the length of the court where he makes his dramatic dunks to the oohs and aahs of the savants in Ohio.

This is because the Warriors have better players than the Cavs.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 11:57:27 AM »
Although they beat a Westbrook-less OKC team last night, their opening night appearance was less than impressive, except for an amazing performance by Curry, who looked every bit the MVP.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-stephen-curry-could-be-poised-for-his-best-season-yet-and-thats-a-frightening-thought/

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 01:08:40 AM »
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 09:48:16 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 18, 2018, 01:08:40 AM
Quote from: CBStew on June 09, 2018, 10:11:21 AM
WARRIORS!

Allow me to play Captain Obvious.

I'm not sure "Captain Obvious" really covers a situation like this: for the first time ever, a Wheezer links leads me to exactly what I expected.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2019, 10:23:25 AM »
Scott Ostler is a columnist in the San Francisco Chronicle.  He had a great line in today's edition.  Harden complained about the referees in yesterday's loss to the Warriors.  "In a way, you can't blame Harden for complaining.  He gets fouled on 100 percent of his 3-point attempts and drives, even when he's shooting in an empty gym.  He gets those calls all season long.  When he doesn't, it must seem unfair."