News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Yellon Outlasts Another One  ( 568 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Yellon Outlasts Another One
« on: July 29, 2017, 07:56:09 PM »
John Arguello, @CubsDen, has passed. The news was tweeted by the Cubs account and even Jason McLeod. Another person who wasn't Al Yellon bringing us all the Cubs news our stupid stupid brains can take. RIP.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Yellon Outlasts Another One
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 04:30:01 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 29, 2017, 07:56:09 PM
John Arguello, @CubsDen, has passed. The news was tweeted by the Cubs account and even Jason McLeod. Another person who wasn't Al Yellon bringing us all the Cubs news our stupid stupid brains can take. RIP.

I also heard Pat Hughes announce it during the game.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 07:55:10 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 31, 2017, 04:30:01 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 29, 2017, 07:56:09 PM

I also heard Pat Hughes announce it during the game.

Len Kasper also gave him a shout out. Very moving all around. Andy's tribute in The Athletic today was great, especially when he noted John had no sarcasm filter. John once gave a nice tribute to Tim Wilken on twitter, saying he had found countless major leaguers, and I snarked "sure, like Josh Vitters and Tyler Colvin!" and he responded in the most disappointed Dad tone with "so many accomplishments in his career and you choose to focus on those two, shame" and then I felt like I needed to go stand in a corner.

Cubs twitter will truly miss the adult in the room.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 07:58:44 AM »

Our two favorite topics of online conversation were the Cubs and Lagavulin, not necessarily in that order.

Fuck cancer.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16