News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Member of the Angels  ( 1,852 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Member of the Angels
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 11:12:33 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 11, 2017, 08:15:11 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 11, 2017, 05:29:19 AM
Also, now that I've caught up with those links, congratulations to Matt "Money" Bruback, former shit baseball pitcher, on being named chief sports editor at InfoWars.

(How is it tampering to merely offer an amateur a pro contract? Accept it, you're a pro now; decline it, you're still an amateur. Isn't that what happens to every non-senior who gets drafted? What am I missing? If he's telling us it violates an actual rule, then, I don't know, maybe quote the rule so we all know what the hell you're talking about?)

If I'm not mistaken, it's a no-no to offer a player a contract while his season is in progress.

True story - in 1965 or so, the Braves signed Tom Seaver to a $50K bonus, but USC had already played an exhibition game, so MLB ruled his contract was null and void. However, since he signed a contract the NCAA ruled him ineligible. So what MLB Commissioner Eckert decided was that any team other than the Braves that wanted to match the offer would get their name put into a hat and whoever got drawn got Seaver - the Mets won. I do not believe the Cubs were in the hat.

That was just some bum. The phrase isn't Tom Money, folks, it's Matt Money.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Member of the Angels
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 11:51:32 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 11, 2017, 08:15:11 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 11, 2017, 05:29:19 AM
Also, now that I've caught up with those links, congratulations to Matt "Money" Bruback, former shit baseball pitcher, on being named chief sports editor at InfoWars.

(How is it tampering to merely offer an amateur a pro contract? Accept it, you're a pro now; decline it, you're still an amateur. Isn't that what happens to every non-senior who gets drafted? What am I missing? If he's telling us it violates an actual rule, then, I don't know, maybe quote the rule so we all know what the hell you're talking about?)

If I'm not mistaken, it's a no-no to offer a player a contract while his season is in progress.

True story - in 1965 or so, the Braves signed Tom Seaver to a $50K bonus, but USC had already played an exhibition game, so MLB ruled his contract was null and void. However, since he signed a contract the NCAA ruled him ineligible. So what MLB Commissioner Eckert decided was that any team other than the Braves that wanted to match the offer would get their name put into a hat and whoever got drawn got Seaver - the Mets won. I do not believe the Cubs were in the hat.
Isn't it wonderful that virtually every other business is subject to anti-monopoly legislation, but major league baseball owners can play by their own rules?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)