News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs 2017 Postseason Roster Thread  ( 6,698 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cubs 2017 Postseason Roster Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2017, 10:00:22 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 19, 2017, 09:49:41 AM
More realistically I accept that Heyward's somewhat encouraging bat of late means he's probably a lock vs RHP so I'm guessing:

vs RHP: Zobrist 2B/Bryant 3B/Rizzo 1B/Contreras C/Schwarber LF/Russell SS/Happ CF/Heyward RF
vs LHP: Zobrist LF/Bryant 3B/Rizzo 1B/Contreras C/Baez 2B/Almora CF/Russell SS/Happ RF

I would expect Joe to pinch hit and sub even more liberally than before because Avila/Rivera (vs LHP anyway)/La Stella/Jay make a pretty solid bench.

I think we've made it clear that Rivera doesn't make the cut, unless the Cubs go with only 11 pitchers and Wilson or Rondon or Lackey get left off.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2017, 10:09:37 AM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on September 19, 2017, 10:00:22 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 19, 2017, 09:49:41 AM
More realistically I accept that Heyward's somewhat encouraging bat of late means he's probably a lock vs RHP so I'm guessing:

vs RHP: Zobrist 2B/Bryant 3B/Rizzo 1B/Contreras C/Schwarber LF/Russell SS/Happ CF/Heyward RF
vs LHP: Zobrist LF/Bryant 3B/Rizzo 1B/Contreras C/Baez 2B/Almora CF/Russell SS/Happ RF

I would expect Joe to pinch hit and sub even more liberally than before because Avila/Rivera (vs LHP anyway)/La Stella/Jay make a pretty solid bench.

I think we've made it clear that Rivera doesn't make the cut, unless the Cubs go with only 11 pitchers and Wilson or Rondon or Lackey get left off.

Right - the weaning off of Lester from a personal catcher means there's no need to carry a third one (especially with Schwarber able to squat in an emergency).

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2017, 07:51:37 AM »
I'd say Rondon's on and Wilson's on.  Too little, too late for Grimm, and it seems to me that Uehara's finished.  Also, though Lackey closed the gap between him and his colleagues in the rotation, Quintana's closed the door on that discussion. And there's no way in hell Lester's not in the postseason rotation so Lackey's consolation will be making the roster as a bullpen arm if he's not so much of an ass as to refuse the honor.

So this is what looking at:

C Contreras
C Avila
IF Rizzo
IF Baez
IF Russell
IF Bryant
IF La Stella
IF/OF Zobrist
IF/OF Happ
OF Schwarber
OF Jay
OF Almora
OF Heyward
P Hendricks
P Arrieta
P Lester
P Quintana
P Davis
P Edwards
P Duensing
P Strop
P Montgomery
P Wilson
P Rondon
P Lackey

Let's get it on, motherfuckers.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2017, 01:28:28 PM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on September 25, 2017, 07:51:37 AM
I'd say Rondon's on and Wilson's on.  Too little, too late for Grimm, and it seems to me that Uehara's finished.  Also, though Lackey closed the gap between him and his colleagues in the rotation, Quintana's closed the door on that discussion. And there's no way in hell Lester's not in the postseason rotation so Lackey's consolation will be making the roster as a bullpen arm if he's not so much of an ass as to refuse the honor.

So this is what looking at:

C Contreras
C Avila
IF Rizzo
IF Baez
IF Russell
IF Bryant
IF La Stella
IF/OF Zobrist
IF/OF Happ
OF Schwarber
OF Jay
OF Almora
OF Heyward
P Hendricks
P Arrieta
P Lester
P Quintana
P Davis
P Edwards
P Duensing
P Strop
P Montgomery
P Wilson
P Rondon
P Lackey

Let's get it on, motherfuckers.

I reckon this is it.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2017, 10:13:46 AM »
I could see Leonys Martin taking Almora's spot if Al's still hurting from Gus Frerotte-ing the wall.