News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fine Liquor  ( 81,063 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Fine Liquor
« Reply #330 on: November 25, 2018, 09:08:52 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 14, 2018, 04:54:17 PM
Also, while it's not my bag, Hard Cider has come a long, long way and I know a lot of people drinking it. 
Worth giving it a shot.

It's hugely popular in Canada. We have literally dozens of different brands and I've sampled most of them. I don't drink that often, but when I do, it's cider.
M'lady.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fine Liquor
« Reply #331 on: November 26, 2018, 04:13:57 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 13, 2018, 03:19:31 AM
I humbly seek the current wisdom/learned degeneracy of the Desipio crowd.

I never tried alcohol until I was in my 30s. (I know, I know, that explains a lot.)

People keep asking me what I like and the answer is, I don't know yet. So I have a chance to do this right! No crushing 64-packs of Natty Light in a dingy frat house. No sir, I'm gonna be a classy drinker.

So what's the best stuff for a brand-new, 8-month, occasional social drinker to try and what's worth avoiding altogether? What should I order at a bar to not look like a complete jackass? This is probably your only chance to advise a new drinker without attracting police attention! I'll revisit the rest of this thread in time, but it might assume a little more working knowledge than I have. So far I've tried some red and white wines, basic cocktails (martini, old fashioned, whiskey sour, daiquiri, nothing else memorable), and some beers. Mostly pale ales and an IPA or two. And a Hefeweizen. I have not tried Bud, Bud Light, Miller, Coors, or Busch and am not really planning to change that.

And Malort is already #1 on the Try list, so don't even bother. (It's not.)

I can't believe we've got so far into this discussion without somebody posting this:

Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.