News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Tell the Hilljacks Where to Eat  ( 11,074 )

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Tell the Hilljacks Where to Eat
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 11:03:54 AM »
Can't argue with Heaven on 7, but avoid the chicken fried steak if you don't want to sleep through the show.

Kilwins just opened on Michigan Avenue (310S, south of  Symphony Center) if you are looking for candy or ice cream.  Unfortunately, Black Dog Gelato is closed Saturday's.

For good food in a pretty loud place.. there is always the Publican over on Fulton Market (a longish walk but a short cab/uber from the theater).   If you want something different, Chinatown is like 3-4 redline stops south.  MingHin and the Phoenix is the hawk family's standard haunts.

Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 11:56:19 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on September 25, 2017, 11:03:54 AM
Can't argue with Heaven on 7, but avoid the chicken fried steak if you don't want to sleep through the show.

Kilwins just opened on Michigan Avenue (310S, south of  Symphony Center) if you are looking for candy or ice cream.  Unfortunately, Black Dog Gelato is closed Saturday's.

For good food in a pretty loud place.. there is always the Publican over on Fulton Market (a longish walk but a short cab/uber from the theater).   If you want something different, Chinatown is like 3-4 redline stops south.  MingHin and the Phoenix is the hawk family's standard haunts.

I can vouch for the Phoenix, having been taken there by Hawk - try the chicken feet, they're fucking revolting!  If you're going head down to Chinatown, though, you might as well go to Ricobene's.  Fuck sake.  What a sammich.

EDIT: I can also heartily recommend Kilwin's, although I had no idea it was a national chain.  I went to the one in Franklin, TN, and thought that was it.  The more you know, eh?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 11:59:55 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 25, 2017, 11:56:19 AM

Kilwins just opened on Michigan Avenue (310S, south of  Symphony Center) if you are looking for candy or ice cream.  Unfortunately, Black Dog Gelato is closed Saturday's.

For good food in a pretty loud place.. there is always the Publican over on Fulton Market (a longish walk but a short cab/uber from the theater).   If you want something different, Chinatown is like 3-4 redline stops south.  MingHin and the Phoenix is the hawk family's standard haunts.

I can vouch for the Phoenix, having been taken there by Hawk - try the chicken feet, they're fucking revolting!  If you're going head down to Chinatown, though, you might as well go to Ricobene's.  Fuck sake.  What a sammich.

Bridgeport ain't Chinatown, hoss. 

If you're going to Chinatown, maybe eat Chinese food?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 12:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on September 25, 2017, 11:59:55 AM

I can vouch for the Phoenix, having been taken there by Hawk - try the chicken feet, they're fucking revolting!  If you're going head down to Chinatown, though, you might as well go to Ricobene's.  Fuck sake.  What a sammich.

The implication was clear, I thought: you could go to Chinatown, or you could go a little further and have Ricobene's.  You ornery fucking Mick.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 12:05:52 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 25, 2017, 12:01:00 PM

The implication was clear, I thought: you could go to Chinatown, or you could go a little further and have Ricobene's.  You ornery fucking Mick.

reading iz hard sorry

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2017, 08:10:08 AM »

CHINESE FOOD MAKES ME SICK
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2017, 08:12:30 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 29, 2017, 08:10:08 AM

AND I THINK IT'S FLY WHEN GIRLS STOP BY FOR THE SUMMER
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2017, 10:09:03 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 29, 2017, 08:12:30 AM

(for the summer)
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2017, 10:20:51 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 29, 2017, 10:09:03 AM

(for the summer)

I LIKE GIRLS WHO WEAR ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2017, 10:28:20 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 29, 2017, 10:20:51 AM

(for the summer)

I'D TAKE HER IF I HAD ONE WISH
TIME TO POST!

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2017, 10:36:51 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 29, 2017, 10:28:20 AM

(for the summer)

BUT SHE'S BEEN GONE SINCE THAT SUMMER

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2017, 10:54:10 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 29, 2017, 10:36:51 AM

(for the summer)

(since that summer)
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2017, 11:04:59 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 29, 2017, 10:54:10 AM

(for the summer)

(since that summer)

You guys have never even talked to a girl.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2017, 12:36:25 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on September 29, 2017, 11:04:59 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 29, 2017, 10:54:10 AM

(for the summer)

(since that summer)

You guys have never even talked to a girl.

Kinda hard to talk to anybody while being balls deep in each other's throats.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2017, 10:48:47 PM »
Holy shit was Heaven on Seven good. I ordered a po'boy with a side of gumbo and even tho the po'boy was amazing I wish I'd just gotten a fucking bucket of gumbo.

We went to Italian Village for dinner. Wasn't the most interesting sounding place but we were exhausted after leaving bug tussle at 5 AM and walking around all day and it was near the hotel. It was good, not great
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015