News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Star Trek: Discovery  ( 1,859 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Star Trek: Discovery
« on: September 25, 2017, 09:58:59 AM »
So, watched the broadcast premier.  Gotta say I was intrigued but overall kinda meh. New Klingons. New uniforms. And a full human, but with a half-Vulcan mentality. Seems pretty standard.

Not in a big hurry to plop down for All Access.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Star Trek: Discovery
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 02:13:52 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on September 25, 2017, 09:58:59 AM
So, watched the broadcast premier.  Gotta say I was intrigued but overall kinda meh. New Klingons. New uniforms. And a full human, but with a half-Vulcan mentality. Seems pretty standard.

Not in a big hurry to plop down for All Access.

They also seem to be playing it kind of coy about whether this is or isn't in the same universe as the other shows. They seem to want to reel in old fans by implying it is part of that universe but want the freedom to also completely fuck the canon if they want to. I dunno, it might end up being a good show I just don't know if it'll ever be good Trek, but I also accept that Good Trek is dead and if they want to ever grow the fanbase beyond fanboys they need to do something new.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 11:57:41 AM »
I'm surprised nobody here is talking about this show. I think it's amazingly well done. The last two episodes have stressed me out - I'm really looking forward to when things return to normal.
M'lady.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 12:17:22 PM »
It stinks
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.