News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Logan  ( 830 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Logan
« on: October 09, 2017, 08:35:24 AM »
It took me awhile to finally watch this because I knew it was pretty damn grim and depressing, and there's no doubt that it's hard to watch Patrick Stewart especially portray a dying, Alzheimers-y Xavier, but that's X-Men, I guess. all of their alternate futures are always bad, and it's always a reminder of how dangerous prejudice is. Getting past the grim tone, though, this is a very good movie that's a very explicit homage to Shane, among other westerns it samples. I'd recommend it if you don't mind being perhaps kind of depressed afterwards.

Also an R-rated Wolverine movie...holy shit, the blood.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Logan
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 04:21:32 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 09, 2017, 08:35:24 AM
It took me awhile to finally watch this because I knew it was pretty damn grim and depressing, and there's no doubt that it's hard to watch Patrick Stewart especially portray a dying, Alzheimers-y Xavier, but that's X-Men, I guess. all of their alternate futures are always bad, and it's always a reminder of how dangerous prejudice is. Getting past the grim tone, though, this is a very good movie that's a very explicit homage to Shane, among other westerns it samples. I'd recommend it if you don't mind being perhaps kind of depressed afterwards.

There are some thoughts that Logan could be nominated for Best Picture. I could see that. It was a grim, depressing, masterfully-told story. And, BTW, the comic on which it was based is worth reading.
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Logan
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 08:45:23 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 14, 2017, 04:21:32 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 09, 2017, 08:35:24 AM

There are some thoughts that Logan could be nominated for Best Picture. I could see that. It was a grim, depressing, masterfully-told story. And, BTW, the comic on which it was based is worth reading.

It's worth reading once. But it's an interesting idea that isn't executed as well as it should have been. Which is the Mark Millar way.

EDIT: The original miniseries would have been improved immensely by ending with the penultimate issue. That was an artistically perfect moment for an ending.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck