News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Suburbicon  ( 944 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Suburbicon
« on: November 01, 2017, 09:58:07 AM »
Is it:
A.  A thriller?
B.  A horror movie?
C.  A Comedy?
D.  An allegory?
E.  All of the above?

You know where I am going with this.

The answer is E.  I wouldn't have given you that option if I wasn't going to use it.  It is a movie that you have to see.  It takes place in 1959 and captures that era perfectly.  I know.  I was there.  DJ and I were married that year.  I wasn't in the suburbs.  But some of my best friends were suburbans.  Men wore suits with short sleeve dress shirts.  Women wore shirtdresses.  Cars had fins.  Men wore their hair short and women had permanents.  I am not sure how all that authenticity made its way into this movie.  It was directed by George Clooney and he is not old enough to have experienced it.  It stars Matt Damon as some kind of businessman, what exactly he did was not clear, except for... (no, that would be a spoiler).  There are terrific actors in this movie.  My vote goes to Oscar Isaac?  Who?  He plays a slimy insurance adjuster and steals every scene that he is in.  Go see it.  You won't be disappointed.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Suburbicon
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 10:28:10 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 01, 2017, 09:58:07 AM
Is it:
A.  A thriller?
B.  A horror movie?
C.  A Comedy?
D.  An allegory?
E.  All of the above?

The answer is E.  I wouldn't have given you that option if I wasn't going to use it.  It is a movie that you have to see.  It takes place in 1959 and captures that era perfectly.  I know.  I was there.  DJ and I were married that year.  I wasn't in the suburbs.  But some of my best friends were suburbans.  Men wore suits with short sleeve dress shirts.  Women wore shirtdresses.  Cars had fins.  Men wore their hair short and women had permanents.  I am not sure how all that authenticity made its way into this movie.  It was directed by George Clooney and he is not old enough to have experienced it.  It stars Matt Damon as some kind of businessman, what exactly he did was not clear, except for... (no, that would be a spoiler).  There are terrific actors in this movie.  My vote goes to Oscar Isaac?  Who?  He plays a slimy insurance adjuster and steals every scene that he is in.  Go see it.  You won't be disappointed.

Racist.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Suburbicon
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 12:34:02 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 01, 2017, 10:28:10 AM
Quote from: CBStew on November 01, 2017, 09:58:07 AM
Is it:
A.  A thriller?
B.  A horror movie?
C.  A Comedy?
D.  An allegory?
E.  All of the above?

Racist.

Wait...on second thought, maybe Berkeley is a suburb of Oakland?  Maybe Oakland is a suburb of San Francisco?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)