News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Thor: Ragnarok  ( 1,260 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Thor: Ragnarok
« on: November 06, 2017, 09:02:54 AM »
Incredibly fun, beautifully weird. If you love Jack Kirby you will adore the entire design of the movie, especially Jeff Goldblum's gladiator planet. It really is everything a Thor movie should be. My only critique is that it is almost too funny, there are some spots where they could have benefitted from not immediately downplaying the seriousness of what just happened with a one-liner or gag. Overall, though, would definitely recommend to anyone from diehards to newbies.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Thor: Ragnarok
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 03:52:36 PM »
Just saw it. That was basically pure, uncut Kirby and Simonson and Pak's World War Hulk.

There were at least 7-8 moments that I could imagine seeing airbrushed on a van, AND Immigrant Song played twice.

It's basically everything I have ever wanted from a Marvel movie.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 03:55:30 PM »
Quote from: Bort on November 06, 2017, 03:52:36 PM
Just saw it. That was basically pure, uncut Kirby and Simonson and Pak's World War Hulk.

There were at least 7-8 moments that I could imagine seeing airbrushed on a van, AND Immigrant Song played twice.

I kept giggling at basically everything on Sakaar and my wife was like "why are you laughing at the guards" just because I couldn't put into words how delightful it was to see Kirby-inspired guards in wacky, completely out there armor waving around electro-spears and shit. 
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 05:50:16 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 06, 2017, 03:55:30 PM
Quote from: Bort on November 06, 2017, 03:52:36 PM

I kept giggling at basically everything on Sakaar and my wife was like "why are you laughing at the guards" just because I couldn't put into words how delightful it was to see Kirby-inspired guards in wacky, completely out there armor waving around electro-spears and shit. 

I've never seen so much Jack Kirby on a screen.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 02:23:07 PM »
I enjoyed the movie, too, but I still say this is the best Thor-Hulk fight ever.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on November 09, 2017, 02:23:07 PM
I enjoyed the movie, too, but I still say this is the best Thor-Hulk fight ever.

This one is better.