Desipio Message Board
November 21, 2017, 06:44:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Oct 12 - Oral History: Cubs hire Theo  http://www.desipio.com/?p=3639

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Doc  (Read 348 times)
Quality Start Machine
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Why I don't go to St. Louis.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 09:21:03 AM »

Cory Lidle and Roy Halladay were teammates in 2003. I thought for a moment that Theodore Roosevelt Lilly IV was also a 2003 Blue Jay, but he didn't slip north of the border until 2004, when Lidle was in Philadelphia. Otherwise, there's your suspect.

As God is my witness, I thought Blue Jays could fly.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is good.

Incidentally, those 2003 Blue Jay teammates took took 2 of 3 from the eventual NL Central-winning Cubs that year when future-Cub and Tonker-heartthrob Reed Johnson hit a home run off Kerry Wood in the first game of the series and then ended the series in Toronto's favor when he hit walkoff home run off Mark Guthrie in the rubber match on on Father' Day.

I actually saw Halliday pitch against the Cubs in 2005, where he was out-dueled by Sergio Meat-Tray. My bleacher buddy on that day? Al Yellon.

2 hour and 15 minute game...you got off easy.

Sitting next to Al, it probably felt 5 times that long.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16
Bort
Johnny Evers Fan Club

My son's name is ALSO Bort.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 12:46:32 PM »

Cory Lidle and Roy Halladay were teammates in 2003. I thought for a moment that Theodore Roosevelt Lilly IV was also a 2003 Blue Jay, but he didn't slip north of the border until 2004, when Lidle was in Philadelphia. Otherwise, there's your suspect.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is good.

Incidentally, those 2003 Blue Jay teammates took took 2 of 3 from the eventual NL Central-winning Cubs that year when future-Cub and Tonker-heartthrob Reed Johnson hit a home run off Kerry Wood in the first game of the series and then ended the series in Toronto's favor when he hit walkoff home run off Mark Guthrie in the rubber match on on Father' Day.

I actually saw Halliday pitch against the Cubs in 2005, where he was out-dueled by Sergio Meat-Tray. My bleacher buddy on that day? Al Yellon.

In the plus side: all you eat bologna.

"...by the time he stepped to the plate, he was more than 60% of the way toward being on first base already.

That is absolutely staggering."
Canadouche
Fukakke Fan Club

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 12:51:05 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is good.

I'm fairly certain it was my last time in the bleachers, as I came to conclude that baking in the sun while sitting in close proximity to drunken shirtless men on a concrete and steel block made much less sense than taking shelter beneath the upper deck.

M'lady.
CBStew
Most people my age are dead.
Johnny Evers Fan Club

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 01:02:48 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is good.

I'm fairly certain it was my last time in the bleachers, as I came to conclude that baking in the sun while sitting in close proximity to drunken shirtless men on a concrete and steel block made much less sense than taking shelter beneath the upper deck.
Speaking of bleachers, I have attended opening day of the Oakland A's with 2 friends we and sat in the bleachers in tuxedos out of respect for the solemnity of the game.  However, one of those friend's tuxedos is Kelly green, --- out of respect for the A's.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)
Quality Start Machine
Johnny Evers Fan Club

Why I don't go to St. Louis.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 01:52:09 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is good.

In the plus side: all you eat bologna.

Come on, you know Al bogarts.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16
Huey Potatohead
Johnny Evers Fan Club

I HAS OPTOAT

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 04:31:25 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is good.

I remember driving around and listening to this game on the radio and thinking how goddamn hot it was outside so yeah--that heat with no cover can be brutal.

So I think we've reached the point where MLB teams have hired every last one of the big/innovative brains that the old BP produced, and now we're left with a bunch of navel-gazing 25 year old chuckleheads.

--some dead guy
Bort
Johnny Evers Fan Club

My son's name is ALSO Bort.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 11:43:45 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is good.

I remember driving around and listening to this game on the radio and thinking how goddamn hot it was outside so yeah--that heat with no cover can be brutal.

Yeah.  I've been in the bleachers twice, and one of the two times was so fucking hot I cannot believe I didn't pass out. The other time was just pretty damn hot.

"...by the time he stepped to the plate, he was more than 60% of the way toward being on first base already.

That is absolutely staggering."
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: