News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Justice League  ( 6,701 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Justice League
« on: November 16, 2017, 09:41:08 PM »
Don't go if you've got superhero fatigue or if you need Cyborg, Aquaman, or Flash explained to you. But if you don't, and you have fondness for the characters or loved the JL cartoon, you'll probably really like this? They also finally get Superman right
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Justice League
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 10:44:58 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 16, 2017, 09:41:08 PM
Don't go if you've got superhero fatigue or if you need Cyborg, Aquaman, or Flash explained to you. But if you don't, and you have fondness for the characters or loved the JL cartoon, you'll probably really like this? They also finally get Superman right

I'll be seeing this flick in a few weeks. Finding it surprisingly difficult to get anyone to go with me.
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 11:03:37 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 17, 2017, 10:44:58 AM

I'll be seeing this flick in a few weeks. Finding it surprisingly difficult to get anyone to go with me.

I don't blame anyone for being turned off by Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, even Suicide Squad (which is a complete mess but one I actually kind of liked), and the fact that they switched directors/did a bunch of reshoots, had the rumors about Affleck leaving (he definitely is), etc didn't help drum up much enthusiasm. But I think in general people will like this a lot more. The 38% or whatever on RT is getting a lot of attention but the average rating for it is 5.2/10 vs just 3.9/10 for BvS, and the audience score is 86% vs 63% for BvS, so it's a lot more fan-friendly and fun, even if it's not necessarily a masterpiece.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 11:22:11 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 17, 2017, 11:03:37 AM

I don't blame anyone for being turned off by Man of Steel, Batman v Superman, even Suicide Squad (which is a complete mess but one I actually kind of liked), and the fact that they switched directors/did a bunch of reshoots, had the rumors about Affleck leaving (he definitely is), etc didn't help drum up much enthusiasm. But I think in general people will like this a lot more. The 38% or whatever on RT is getting a lot of attention but the average rating for it is 5.2/10 vs just 3.9/10 for BvS, and the audience score is 86% vs 63% for BvS, so it's a lot more fan-friendly and fun, even if it's not necessarily a masterpiece.

Middle Murton wants to go.  Maybe Sunday.

Is the color palate as bad as it looks? Every commercial it looks like they are living in hell. The cloulds all seem to be blood red.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 11:42:27 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 17, 2017, 11:22:11 AM

Middle Murton wants to go.  Maybe Sunday.

Is the color palate as bad as it looks? Every commercial it looks like they are living in hell. The cloulds all seem to be blood red.

That's just the final battle, there's a very specific reason the skies are blood red and you can actually follow the action pretty well. As far as colors throughout the rest of the movie they're much brighter and clearer than in the usual Snyder movie, Whedon definitely removed a bunch of grey filters.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 11:49:34 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 17, 2017, 11:42:27 AM

That's just the final battle, there's a very specific reason the skies are blood red and you can actually follow the action pretty well. As far as colors throughout the rest of the movie they're much brighter and clearer than in the usual Snyder movie, Whedon definitely removed a bunch of grey filters.
The reviewer in the San Francisco Chronicle had an interesting comment.  He suggested that since Superman could do everything alone the rest of the League was superfluous.  He did allow that maybe Batman could bring Superman his coffee. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 12:01:46 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 17, 2017, 11:49:34 AM

The reviewer in the San Francisco Chronicle had an interesting comment.  He suggested that since Superman could do everything alone the rest of the League was superfluous.  He did allow that maybe Batman could bring Superman his coffee. 

That is always the problem with Justice League stories involving Superman. Which is why almost all of them involve him being incapacitated or the villain doing something that leads Superman away from the fight

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 12:02:18 PM »

Pah. Superman doesn't need coffee.
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 04:53:19 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 17, 2017, 12:02:18 PM

But he would certainly politely accept it to make Bruce feel useful.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 08:41:54 PM »
Quote from: Bort on November 17, 2017, 04:53:19 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on November 17, 2017, 12:02:18 PM

But he would certainly politely accept it to make Bruce feel useful.

Especially with some Irish liquor and whipped cream.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 11:21:36 AM »
This movie would've been awesome without Whedon's involvement.  Snyder cuts of Man of Steel and BvS were awesome.  Joss Whedon should stick to the dubba yuh B.  He sucks.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 04:02:32 PM »
Quote from: JD on January 06, 2018, 11:21:36 AM
This movie would've been awesome without Whedon's involvement.  Snyder cuts of Man of Steel and BvS were awesome.  Joss Whedon should stick to the dubba yuh B.  He sucks.

I mean, the movie wouldn't have been finished at all. There is no Snyder cut.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 09:03:34 AM »

I preferred when you were gone and I could keep the unsullied memory of JD- Good Desipio Poster forever.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 11:12:56 AM »

"Oh Martha!" - Plot device

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 07:53:18 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 08, 2018, 11:12:56 AM

"Oh Martha!" - Plot device

https://twitter.com/Daft_Kiid/status/982510889428488193?s=20
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.