News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Tyler "It's time for me to start playin' ball" Chatwood Sloogetacular  ( 7,358 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Happy, Chuck?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Tyler "It's time for me to start playin' ball" Chatwood Sloogetacular
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 02:08:39 PM »
MODS! I object. Tyler Chatwood is not the kind of guy who gets a preemptive "damn this dude is good" thread. Bryce Harper signs here? Ok, fine, yes. Start that shit. Tyler Chatwood? No. I'm holding both Fork and Chuck responsible for this.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 03:22:40 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on December 07, 2017, 02:08:39 PM
MODS! I object. Tyler Chatwood is not the kind of guy who gets a preemptive "damn this dude is good" thread. Bryce Harper signs here? Ok, fine, yes. Start that shit. Tyler Chatwood? No. I'm holding both Fork and Chuck responsible for this.

I am loathe to agree with Saul ever but yes, what the fuck is wrong with you people
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 03:27:52 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 07, 2017, 03:22:40 PM

I am loathe to agree with Saul ever but yes, what the fuck is wrong with you people

Ditto.  I know that December is a slow month for baseball news, but how low have we sunk that this is all that we have to talk about?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 03:46:22 PM »
Shit I can remember when Tonk yelled at me for starting a Dexter Fowler splooge thread after he hit a game-winning HR off LaTroy Hawkins, and here just two years later we're starting pre-emptive threads for this year's Jason Hammel? Mais non.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 03:50:40 PM »
Quote from: SKO on December 07, 2017, 03:22:40 PM

It's my fault that Fork is so easily goaded?

Maybe he's just pissed there was no malort at the bat mitzvah.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 04:06:06 PM »
"The Thread That Acknowledges the Existence Of Tyler Chatwood"
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 05:55:40 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 07, 2017, 03:56:16 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on December 07, 2017, 01:52:42 PM
Happy, Chuck?

Very!

If you don't use this as your avatar I will lose all of my respect for you.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 06:22:53 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on December 07, 2017, 05:55:40 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on December 07, 2017, 03:56:16 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on December 07, 2017, 01:52:42 PM
Happy, Chuck?

Very!

If you don't use this as your avatar I will lose all of my respect for you.

You still have respect for Chuck?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 05:01:48 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 07, 2017, 03:46:22 PM
Shit I can remember when Tonk yelled at me for starting a Dexter Fowler splooge thread after he hit a game-winning HR off LaTroy Hawkins, and here just two years later we're starting pre-emptive threads for this year's Jason Hammel? Mais non.

To be fair, it wasn't the starting of the thread per se that wound me up (otherwise I'd have reacted to Fork rather than you), so much as the conclusions that were being drawn from an extremely small sample size:

Quote from: Tonker on April 13, 2015, 08:55:58 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 13, 2015, 08:37:59 AM
Quote from: Tonker on April 13, 2015, 08:22:15 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 13, 2015, 08:09:05 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 13, 2015, 07:36:53 AM
So this is what having an actual leadoff hitter feels like...who knew?

And to get actual production from center field for the first time in ages seems nice. Outside of a half season of Edmonds in '08 that left me feeling as confused and dirty as that one summer at Camp Winnebago I don't think the Cubs have had a center fielder worth a shit since...fuck. I don't know.

I don't want to go all Eli on you, but c'mon guys: we're five games in, for fuck sake.

Yeah, but Fowler's career numbers (particularly OPB) indicate that this sort of thing will be a thing.

I'm happy to have him, but Fowler has been, until now, offensively speaking, very slightly above average.  For a CF, that's pretty nice, but not exactly setting anything on fire.  At his age, he's probably not going to get a hell of a lot better than he has been up to this point, either.  He's a decent part of a good team, but in years to come we're not going to be fondly reminiscing over the Dexter Fowler era.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, he's no Reed Johnson.

Still, holy shit was I wrong.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 08:10:55 AM »
Considering the fact that his GB% the past two years has been 57.2% and 58.1%, his having the Best Infield In The Worldtm behind him will make him thread-worthy anyway.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 08:12:16 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 08, 2017, 05:01:48 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 07, 2017, 03:46:22 PM

To be fair, it wasn't the starting of the thread per se that wound me up (otherwise I'd have reacted to Fork rather than you), so much as the conclusions that were being drawn from an extremely small sample size:

Quote from: Tonker on April 13, 2015, 08:55:58 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 13, 2015, 08:37:59 AM
Quote from: Tonker on April 13, 2015, 08:22:15 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 13, 2015, 08:09:05 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 13, 2015, 07:36:53 AM
So this is what having an actual leadoff hitter feels like...who knew?

And to get actual production from center field for the first time in ages seems nice. Outside of a half season of Edmonds in '08 that left me feeling as confused and dirty as that one summer at Camp Winnebago I don't think the Cubs have had a center fielder worth a shit since...fuck. I don't know.

I don't want to go all Eli on you, but c'mon guys: we're five games in, for fuck sake.

Yeah, but Fowler's career numbers (particularly OPB) indicate that this sort of thing will be a thing.

I'm happy to have him, but Fowler has been, until now, offensively speaking, very slightly above average.  For a CF, that's pretty nice, but not exactly setting anything on fire.  At his age, he's probably not going to get a hell of a lot better than he has been up to this point, either.  He's a decent part of a good team, but in years to come we're not going to be fondly reminiscing over the Dexter Fowler era.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, he's no Reed Johnson.

Still, holy shit was I wrong.

It's a good thing for you that you pulled this yourself because if I had managed to stumble across this first, I'd have crucified you.  It's as if Fork and Chuck had a child together and it was this take.  Not only was it wrong, at the time, about Fowler's history (he was a decidedly an above-average OBP guy) but hitting a lead-changing 9th inning homerun with 2 outs off noted fuckstick LaTroy Hawkins to take an early-season series is an entirely appropriate time to start a splooge thread.  Bad, Tonker, BAD.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 10:11:38 AM »
1. An argument can be made that Fowler underperformed in 2015, compared to what he had done in his career up to that point.  In 2016, he was decidedly above average as a hitter.
2. Perhaps we can splooge about Chatwood's spin rate on his fastball for now?