News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Tyler "It's time for me to start playin' ball" Chatwood Sloogetacular  ( 7,360 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on June 08, 2018, 08:06:53 AM
Quote from: Tonker on June 08, 2018, 04:05:42 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 08, 2018, 02:50:51 AM
Throw fucking strikes already.

C'mon man.  I mean, I get it - it's fucking frustrating.  But there's clearly something going on here - a mechanical issue or mental issue which is precluding him from "throwing strikes already".  He's not nibbling, he's all over the fucking shop.  When he does throw strikes he's reasonably effective so you don't think the Cubs have told him to do it more?  You don't think he's trying to do it more?

I mean doesn't "c'mon now, he's trying" apply to every player we have ever complained about on this messageboard? I wouldn't boo the guy in person because he obviously cares and is trying but venting on a dark corner of the internet about a guy suffering Stage 1 Ankiel Disease should probably be allowed.

I'm going to agree with SKO here.

That's how wrong you are, Tonk.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

C'mon man.  I mean, I get it - it's fucking frustrating.  But there's clearly something going on here - a mechanical issue or mental issue which is precluding him from "throwing strikes already".  He's not nibbling, he's all over the fucking shop.  When he does throw strikes he's reasonably effective so you don't think the Cubs have told him to do it more?  You don't think he's trying to do it more?

That's wonderful that he's trying but this is the major leagues and they're trying to win the damn World Series. Fix him or replace him, or replace him temporarily if you need to send him down to fix him, but do it already. Letting him take the ball (and another ball, and a ball, and there's ball four) every fifth day isn't gonna work if he can't find the strike zone. Maybe Baltimore can afford to put him on the Chris Davis Rehabilitation Plan to see if he figures it out at some point over the next $38 million after a *hypothetical* Machado trade, but the Cubs can't.

TL;DR: Bullshit toleration is bad, and not good
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 08, 2018, 02:25:09 PM

That's wonderful that he's trying but this is the major leagues and they're trying to win the damn World Series. Fix him or replace him, or replace him temporarily if you need to send him down to fix him, but do it already. Letting him take the ball (and another ball, and a ball, and there's ball four) every fifth day isn't gonna work if he can't find the strike zone. Maybe Baltimore can afford to put him on the Chris Davis Rehabilitation Plan to see if he figures it out at some point over the next $38 million after a *hypothetical* Machado trade, but the Cubs can't.

They should probably just replace this guy with Montgomery when Darvish comes back.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PenFoe on June 08, 2018, 05:54:43 PM

They should probably just replace this guy with Montgomery when Darvish comes back.

Until Tyler morphs into Sleeper Cy Young like he was supposed to, I'm cool with it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

I'm not tolerating anything: "Fix him or replace him" is exactly right, and if you'd said that first time round I'd have had no problem with it at all.  But that's a long way from "Throw strikes already".
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on June 09, 2018, 10:43:28 AM

I'm not tolerating anything: "Fix him or replace him" is exactly right, and if you'd said that first time round I'd have had no problem with it at all.  But that's a long way from "Throw strikes already".

Point taken. I'm glad we agree that he sucks.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Speaking of sucking, five more walks for this turd today.  Not the direct reason they lost, but still.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
He's still shitty.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 30, 2018, 03:11:04 PM
He's still shitty.

And he's lucky the Twins bullpen is worse. Holy shit

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Tyler Chatwalk didn't completely bury them last night. So that's something. Good job, Tyler.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 14, 2018, 12:39:37 PM
Tyler Chatwalk didn't completely bury them last night. So that's something. Good job, Tyler.

His new secret formula of 6 walks/1 hit is working, for now at least.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 23, 2018, 08:49:23 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 14, 2018, 12:39:37 PM

His new secret formula of 6 walks/1 hit is working, for now at least.
If you throw it where they can't hit it you have a good chance of throwing a no-hitter.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
I know the Cubs are great at managing players and they probably don't want to send him down unless they have to, but after tonight's performance I think it's safe to say he should be making regular starts at Iowa trying to figure this out.  He doesn't seem to have any value as a bullpen arm whatsoever.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 08, 2018, 10:01:37 PM
I know the Cubs are great at managing players and they probably don't want to send him down unless they have to, but after tonight's performance I think it's safe to say he should be making regular starts at Iowa trying to figure this out.  He doesn't seem to have any value as a bullpen arm whatsoever.

He'd have to pass through waivers, and some shitty team would gladly claim him to try fixing him while the Cubs pay his salary.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Tyler Shatwood.
M'lady.