News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Tyler "It's time for me to start playin' ball" Chatwood Sloogetacular  ( 7,359 )

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 09, 2018, 08:19:50 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 08, 2018, 10:01:37 PM
I know the Cubs are great at managing players and they probably don't want to send him down unless they have to, but after tonight's performance I think it's safe to say he should be making regular starts at Iowa trying to figure this out.  He doesn't seem to have any value as a bullpen arm whatsoever.

He'd have to pass through waivers, and some shitty team would gladly claim him to try fixing him while the Cubs pay his salary.

If they claim him, don't they get his contract too?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Shooter on August 09, 2018, 09:37:02 AM
I know the Cubs are great at managing players and they probably don't want to send him down unless they have to, but after tonight's performance I think it's safe to say he should be making regular starts at Iowa trying to figure this out.  He doesn't seem to have any value as a bullpen arm whatsoever.

He'd have to pass through waivers, and some shitty team would gladly claim him to try fixing him while the Cubs pay his salary.

A quick read-through on various types of waivers seems to indicate that they'd put him on revocable minor league waivers, so a team that claims him (they have 48 hours after he's posted) makes a deal with the Cubs, or the Cubs have the option of pulling him back. Chances are he's already passed through this (or he's been claimed and pulled back already) - there's usually a huge dump of guys that go through on August 1 - so if he has, then yeah...he can go to Iowa straight away...providing there's no language in his contract prohibiting that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 09, 2018, 10:13:46 AM
Quote from: Shooter on August 09, 2018, 09:37:02 AM

A quick read-through on various types of waivers seems to indicate that they'd put him on revocable minor league waivers, so a team that claims him (they have 48 hours after he's posted) makes a deal with the Cubs, or the Cubs have the option of pulling him back. Chances are he's already passed through this (or he's been claimed and pulled back already) - there's usually a huge dump of guys that go through on August 1 - so if he has, then yeah...he can go to Iowa straight away...providing there's no language in his contract prohibiting that.

I'm pretty sure they'd have to DFA him in order to be able to send him to the minors.