News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Eight Men Out, One DEAD  ( 798 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Eight Men Out, One DEAD
« on: February 06, 2018, 09:35:09 AM »
John Mahoney, Chicago theater giant, age 77.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Eight Men Out, One DEAD
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »
I always enjoyed Mahoney's work going back to the alluded-to film from the title, and also "Say Anything" etc., and was surprised when it was sort of revealed, in an open secret sort of way in the mid-to-late 90's that Mahoney was gay.  it was surprising, I suppose, because the roles he always seemed to be play were very straight and convincingly so--which really just speaks to his talents as an actor.  Of course upon reflection it makes sense--he's an unmarried (in the traditional sense) actor living in Oak Park.  But I find it interesting that Mahoney never came out publicly, and I wonder if he'll sort of represent the last of a dying breed--the old school "confirmed bachelor".  Not to be confused with Scientology weirdos like Tom Cruise and John Travolta who pretend to be straight and have an arrangement to have families and such because of the image they project, Mahoney never pretended to be straight, he just never made an announcement that he was gay.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 01:28:15 PM »
Yeah, I've been tangentially connected to theatre for almost 25 years, but I had no idea he was gay until I moved here. And EVERYONE here knew.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 09:37:37 PM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on February 06, 2018, 10:25:29 AM
it was surprising, I suppose, because the roles he always seemed to be play were very straight and convincingly so--which really just speaks to his talents as an actor.

"Gay guys walk like this..."
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.