News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2018 Play Like It's 2016 Cubs  ( 9,121 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2018 Play Like It's 2016 Cubs
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 12:05:07 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 05, 2018, 11:28:41 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 05, 2018, 11:21:26 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 05, 2018, 10:34:27 AMI really do find it funny that there has to be some kind of higher relationship with a sports team than "mad they lost, happy they won." I'm obviously perfectly rational and happy to discuss stats and stuff between games but in the end if the point is not to have some kind of emotional reaction to the actual events of the games themselves I gotta say I don't get it. You know they're not your friends, right? They don't care about or acknowledge your existence, you don't owe them anything. Yell at them when they lose or yell at everyone yelling at them when they lose, in the end you make no difference here.

I mean at the end of the day nothing we do makes any difference, we're all farts in the wind eventually. The point is not that you can't or shouldn't get mad when your team loses. It's that trying to draw some greater meaning about where the season is headed out of a meaningless sample size (Happ should be benched because of his K rate...Lester might be done...Heyward is clearly bad again) is a waste of breath.

I mean most of the time my twitter account is just "fuck. shit, goddamit, that sucks" if you can see me drawing making any proclamations like the above, fine. I mean the Heyward thing I am going to wait until he has sustained success before I change my default opinion that he sucks ass. I think I may have called for Happ to get a day off but not end up benched, he was clearly just pressing too hard there for a bit. There's just a default attitude among a large chunk of Cubs Twitter that basically anyone who dares get mad at the outcome of a single baseball game is a moron. I'm a moron, but that's not why.

I wasn't talking about you specifically, just general Twitter stuff. And yes that's on me to stop following people who chap my balls.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 12:07:57 PM »
Quote from: R-V on April 05, 2018, 12:05:07 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 05, 2018, 10:34:27 AMI really do find it funny that there has to be some kind of higher relationship with a sports team than "mad they lost, happy they won." I'm obviously perfectly rational and happy to discuss stats and stuff between games but in the end if the point is not to have some kind of emotional reaction to the actual events of the games themselves I gotta say I don't get it. You know they're not your friends, right? They don't care about or acknowledge your existence, you don't owe them anything. Yell at them when they lose or yell at everyone yelling at them when they lose, in the end you make no difference here.

I mean at the end of the day nothing we do makes any difference, we're all farts in the wind eventually. The point is not that you can't or shouldn't get mad when your team loses. It's that trying to draw some greater meaning about where the season is headed out of a meaningless sample size (Happ should be benched because of his K rate...Lester might be done...Heyward is clearly bad again) is a waste of breath.

I mean most of the time my twitter account is just "fuck. shit, goddamit, that sucks" if you can see me drawing making any proclamations like the above, fine. I mean the Heyward thing I am going to wait until he has sustained success before I change my default opinion that he sucks ass. I think I may have called for Happ to get a day off but not end up benched, he was clearly just pressing too hard there for a bit. There's just a default attitude among a large chunk of Cubs Twitter that basically anyone who dares get mad at the outcome of a single baseball game is a moron. I'm a moron, but that's not why.

I wasn't talking about you specifically, just general Twitter stuff. And yes that's on me to stop following people who chap my balls.

Unless someone's a completely petulant asshole like that JamFan guy who not only insists that every player be executed for every mistake but that you personally suck if you do not agree my default stance is let people fan how they wanna fan. I don't yell at the Pollyannas to get mad, but Huey sure seems to think that *this* is the time telling me to calm down midgame is the time it's gonna work, by god.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 12:34:01 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 05, 2018, 12:07:57 PM

Unless someone's a completely petulant asshole like that JamFan guy who not only insists that every player be executed for every mistake but that you personally suck if you do not agree my default stance is let people fan how they wanna fan. I don't yell at the Pollyannas to get mad, but Huey sure seems to think that *this* is the time telling me to calm down midgame is the time it's gonna work, by god.

Just to be clear, this is what you tweeted AFTER the last game, after this team that has gone to 3 straight LCS had the NERVE to not light up the world from jump street.

I mean, aside from happily showing your ass with this comment, this is of course not even remotely accurate.  I know, I know context and everything ("I MEAN THEY'RE AN UNDISCIPLINED TEAM RIGHT NOW!"), but that's splitting hairs.  That you see some sort of chasm between your expressed thoughts and those of that fuckhole JamFam might bring you some comfort, but in reality these are pretty similar sentiments that only differ in volume.

But thanks for the new signature!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 12:42:58 PM »
They need to win some fucking games ASAP so everyone can calm down.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 01:47:14 PM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on April 05, 2018, 12:34:01 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 05, 2018, 12:07:57 PM

Just to be clear, this is what you tweeted AFTER the last game, after this team that has gone to 3 straight LCS had the NERVE to not light up the world from jump street.

I mean, aside from happily showing your ass with this comment, this is of course not even remotely accurate.  I know, I know context and everything ("I MEAN THEY'RE AN UNDISCIPLINED TEAM RIGHT NOW!"), but that's splitting hairs.  That you see some sort of chasm between your expressed thoughts and those of that fuckhole JamFam might bring you some comfort, but in reality these are pretty similar sentiments that only differ in volume.

But thanks for the new signature!

Can we just not have this conversation anymore, it cannot still be news that I get angry during games, nor can anyone but you possibly still care
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2018, 02:00:56 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 05, 2018, 12:42:58 PM
They need to win some fucking games ASAP so everyone can calm down.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 02:53:07 PM »
While you guys are hashing all this out, I'm just going to point and laugh at the Phillies.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 04:27:55 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 05, 2018, 02:53:07 PM
While you guys are hashing all this out, I'm just going to point and laugh at the Phillies.

Should have stuck to genital advice blogging.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 12:24:58 AM »
That's more like it.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 03:27:22 PM »
Maybe it'll take me agreeing-ish with SKO to cause him to run to reason, but all I'm seeing from this team is an overrated core (the difference between the Cubs' middle infield and Houston's is that Houston's can hit, and the Cubs' can't) and albatross FA signings, which is consistent with Epstink's MO...build something out of nothing, then watch it collapse under the weight of bad contracts.

Darvish is a past-his-prime headcase.  Lester is Wile E Coyote suspended in midair having walked off the cliff, if he hasn't already started falling.  Heyward is MLB's most expensive motivational speaker.  The Justin Wilson trade may be McStiff trade bad.

Every time I try to figure out something Epstink has done right since 2016, I end up scratching my head.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2018, 04:03:51 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on April 13, 2018, 03:27:22 PM
Maybe it'll take me agreeing-ish with SKO to cause him to run to reason, but all I'm seeing from this team is an overrated core (the difference between the Cubs' middle infield and Houston's is that Houston's can hit, and the Cubs' can't) and albatross FA signings, which is consistent with Epstink's MO...build something out of nothing, then watch it collapse under the weight of bad contracts.

Darvish is a past-his-prime headcase.  Lester is Wile E Coyote suspended in midair having walked off the cliff, if he hasn't already started falling.  Heyward is MLB's most expensive motivational speaker.  The Justin Wilson trade may be McStiff trade bad.

Every time I try to figure out something Epstink has done right since 2016, I end up scratching my head.

Lord god almighty do not fucking lump me in with this. I'm gonna go home and rethink my life.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2018, 04:05:11 PM »

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2018, 02:02:28 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 13, 2018, 04:05:11 PM

I want Eloy back. It'd be nice to have someone who can both play the outfield defensively and hit, instead of another 4th starter.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2018, 08:55:56 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on April 14, 2018, 02:02:28 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 13, 2018, 04:05:11 PM

I want Eloy back. It'd be nice to have someone who can both play the outfield defensively and hit, instead of another 4th starter.

You are arrestingly stupid.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs