News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2018 Play Like It's 2016 Cubs  ( 9,121 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2018 Play Like It's 2016 Cubs
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2018, 08:05:31 AM »
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on July 17, 2018, 04:03:11 PM
Quote from: Bort on July 17, 2018, 02:34:46 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 17, 2018, 01:38:26 PM
Quote from: Bort on July 17, 2018, 09:56:10 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 17, 2018, 08:49:41 AM
Quote from: Oleg on July 17, 2018, 08:05:15 AM
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on July 17, 2018, 07:08:05 AM
Quote from: Yeti on July 16, 2018, 06:14:00 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 16, 2018, 01:23:35 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 16, 2018, 12:33:17 PM
The Cubs head into the All-Star break one game behind their 2016 pace. That year they looked like an unstoppable juggernaut. This year they look like they still haven't hit their stride.

They are going to rain hellfire and damnation upon the National League.

And the American League too or are they just going to lose all the interleague games

They can as long as they don't lose their October interleague games

Houston's the only team I can see the Cubs losing to even if they're playing well at that time.

This is how memes are born.

Don't give LIFELONG HOUSTON ASTROS FAN HUEY shit just because he keeps a poster of THE BEEGE above his bed.

He's furious because someone put ketchup on his giardiniera enchiladas. potato tacos

c'mon, man.

I accept the revision.

For what it's worth, I lol-ed at "giardeniera enchiladas".

It's probably the name of an album that Au Pairs made in 1982 that he happened to be looking at.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2018, 04:56:56 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 18, 2018, 08:05:31 AM
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on July 17, 2018, 04:03:11 PM
Quote from: Bort on July 17, 2018, 02:34:46 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 17, 2018, 01:38:26 PM
Quote from: Bort on July 17, 2018, 09:56:10 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 17, 2018, 08:49:41 AM
Quote from: Oleg on July 17, 2018, 08:05:15 AM
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on July 17, 2018, 07:08:05 AM
Quote from: Yeti on July 16, 2018, 06:14:00 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 16, 2018, 01:23:35 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 16, 2018, 12:33:17 PM
The Cubs head into the All-Star break one game behind their 2016 pace. That year they looked like an unstoppable juggernaut. This year they look like they still haven't hit their stride.

They are going to rain hellfire and damnation upon the National League.

And the American League too or are they just going to lose all the interleague games

They can as long as they don't lose their October interleague games

Houston's the only team I can see the Cubs losing to even if they're playing well at that time.

This is how memes are born.

Don't give LIFELONG HOUSTON ASTROS FAN HUEY shit just because he keeps a poster of THE BEEGE above his bed.

He's furious because someone put ketchup on his giardiniera enchiladas. potato tacos

c'mon, man.

I accept the revision.

For what it's worth, I lol-ed at "giardeniera enchiladas".

It's probably the name of an album that Au Pairs made in 1982 that he happened to be looking at.

It was the Delta 5.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2018, 07:36:32 PM »
Is Luke Farrell Irish for "Brian Matusz"?  Did they forget they have Duane Underwood in Iowa for spot starts?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2018, 08:03:12 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 23, 2018, 07:36:32 PM
Is Luke Farrell Irish for "Brian Matusz"?  Did they forget they have Duane Underwood in Iowa for spot starts?

Underwood with the gaudy 5.71 ERA in his last 10 AAA appearances? They're better off taking their lumps with Puke Farrell and not losing a bullpen arm for 10 days before they can call said arm back up. I mean, unless you're ready for a return to the Casey Coleman Experience...
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2018, 01:20:43 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 24, 2018, 08:03:12 AM

Underwood with the gaudy 5.71 ERA in his last 10 AAA appearances? They're better off taking their lumps with Puke Farrell and not losing a bullpen arm for 10 days before they can call said arm back up. I mean, unless you're ready for a return to the Casey Coleman Experience...

It's just a spot start. They still keep running Tyler Chatwood out there every fifth day, so how much worse could Underwood be.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2018, 08:23:13 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 25, 2018, 01:20:43 AM

It's just a spot start. They still keep running Tyler Chatwood out there every fifth day, so how much worse could Underwood be.

Running Chatwood out there every fifth day is like running Heyward out there every day in 2016 and 2017. They sunk a lot of dough into him, and they're working on getting him to the type of numbers he had prior to being a Cub. 4BB/9IP still isn't Greg Maddux, but it's half of what it is this year.

But back to Underwood - it's still a roster move, and it's still sending a guy down who can't be recalled for 10 days. Although, events that have transpired since then make me wonder why they didn't bring him up, send Farrell down, then recall Butler after the game. Unless they really thought they could catch lightning in a bottle with Farrell.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2018, 07:59:59 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 25, 2018, 08:23:13 AM

Running Chatwood out there every fifth day is like running Heyward out there every day in 2016 and 2017. They sunk a lot of dough into him, and they're working on getting him to the type of numbers he had prior to being a Cub. 4BB/9IP still isn't Greg Maddux, but it's half of what it is this year.

But back to Underwood - it's still a roster move, and it's still sending a guy down who can't be recalled for 10 days. Although, events that have transpired since then make me wonder why they didn't bring him up, send Farrell down, then recall Butler after the game. Unless they really thought they could catch lightning in a bottle with Farrell.

Well, no. That's a bad comparison. Heyward played not because they "sunk a lot of dough in him" but because Heyward still did things that helped the team win, enough to make him worth 3.6 WAR coming into this season. Chatwood is a pitcher, so if he's not pitching well there's no reason to throw him out there. He's not an innings-eater either so you can't even argue he saves the bullpen. He occasionally can pinch-run. He can't hit. He does nothing other than make it more likely the Cubs will lose.

"4BB/9IP still isn't Greg Maddux, but it's half of what it is this year."

I've read that five times and still have no idea what it means.

At least we finally agreed that Underwood should have been called up.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2018, 08:22:12 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 25, 2018, 07:59:59 PM

Well, no. That's a bad comparison. Heyward played not because they "sunk a lot of dough in him" but because Heyward still did things that helped the team win, enough to make him worth 3.6 WAR coming into this season. Chatwood is a pitcher, so if he's not pitching well there's no reason to throw him out there. He's not an innings-eater either so you can't even argue he saves the bullpen. He occasionally can pinch-run. He can't hit. He does nothing other than make it more likely the Cubs will lose.

His career walk rate coming into this season. This year he's around 8 walks per 9IP.
TIME TO POST!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2018, 11:25:54 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 26, 2018, 08:22:12 AM

His career walk rate coming into this season. This year he's around 8 walks per 9IP.

Yeah, that wasn't that tough.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2018, 03:15:44 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 26, 2018, 11:25:54 AM

I don't speak Fork.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2018, 04:30:46 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 26, 2018, 03:15:44 PM
Quote from: Oleg on July 26, 2018, 11:25:54 AM

I don't speak Fork.

Me either.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2018, 09:14:18 PM »
You see, it's funny because Austin Hedges is awful.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2018, 09:18:29 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 02, 2018, 09:14:18 PM
You see, it's funny because Austin Hedges is and the Padres are awful.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2018, 05:35:41 PM »

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2018, 10:15:51 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 05, 2018, 05:35:41 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 02, 2018, 09:18:29 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 02, 2018, 09:14:18 PM
You see, it's funny because the Padres are awful.

The Cubs beat the shitheap Padres 5 out of 7 times, producing a winning percentage in those contests  (.286 vs. .714) that was both lower and higher, respectively, than what these two teams have put up for the season.  The only reason the Cubs didn't run the table was because two shitfucks named Hunter and Austin managed to pull shit of their asses, yes.  Baseball. Are you not entertained?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs