News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread  ( 43,184 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Wheezer self-indulgence thread
« on: April 16, 2018, 03:45:20 PM »
Given that music is the only thing keeping me and one of the cats together, I am far past anything resembling normal behavior. Hence, Van Morrison at Winterland '74. The version of "Caravan" is not as good as the one from It's Too Late to Stop Now, but it's video.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 01:13:27 PM »
Let's spin some tunes from the greatly underappreciated Jazz Butcher Conspiracy:

Southern Mark Smith (some seem to prefer the version from Bloody Nonsense)

Rain

Roadrunner (this is a superb cover, even if the video is nothing special)

Drink, live (the Asylum Street Spankers also do a nice version)

Love Kittens, live

Unfortunately, I can't find the "Sweet Jane" cover from Live in Berlin, which is much better than the one available on Y—be.

[Edit.—This may have been noted in the Deadpool, but the Northern Mark Smith died in January.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 02:33:20 PM »
Bonus track, as I have to hang out at the library until it's time for my unpaid catering gig for a friend: I'll Fly Away with Corky Siegel, The Sons of the Never Wrong, and strings.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 17, 2018, 02:33:20 PM
Bonus track, as I have to hang out at the library until it's time for my unpaid catering gig for a friend: I'll Fly Away with Corky Siegel, The Sons of the Never Wrong, and strings.

There is never a bad time for Corky Siegel.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 10:09:49 AM »
I had a head full of mushrooms the one time I saw him live. He was doing a thing where the harmonica would take a bow in his hand. I wish I remembered anything more about the performance.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 01:50:31 PM »
Anyway, the definitive version of The Weight, from The Last Waltz. Given that everybody's probably already seen this time and again, there's bonus Pops Staples doing a fantastic I Shall Not Be Moved.

[Edit.—It's not really a good version, but for the cats.]

[Edit 2.—Holy crap, this version of The Weight isn't on my heavy-vinyl reissue of Mad Dogs and Englishmen.]

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 09:35:18 PM »
A quick Fairport entry while I am waiting for labor and stuck with just a phone: Meet on the Ledge, live. More Fairport coming.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 02:58:02 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 19, 2018, 09:35:18 PM
A quick Fairport entry while I am waiting for labor and stuck with just a phone: Meet on the Ledge, live. More Fairport coming.

I enjoy a spot of Fairport, but that's an absolute rabble.  "Hey, let's invite twenty people on stage, none of whom have rehearsed this song, and let them join in!".
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 08:20:25 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 20, 2018, 02:58:02 AM

I enjoy a spot of Fairport, but that's an absolute rabble.  "Hey, let's invite twenty people on stage, none of whom have rehearsed this song, and let them join in!".

Hey, they can't all be Midnight Oil.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 05:32:34 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 20, 2018, 02:58:02 AM

Look, brother, I haven't had the opportunity to patch this up, but I won't bother you with the reasons. Go bitch at your dong or something.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 01:12:47 AM »
And, in the irony to beat all ironies, I'm being evicted from living in squalor in the cat shelter because crazy lady has the emotional temperament of a 13-year-old or a fucking bonobo or something. Now please pardon me while I try to come up with some music for the cat that is not going to be getting any more loving-kindness and the Welsh yobbo before I start packing.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 01:44:46 AM »
Here:

Si Tu Dois Partir, not from Unhalfbricking (there's a mildly amusing story here involving a random French girl and the final gasp of the hydro farm, but I digress) and Percy's Song from the album.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 01:09:02 PM »
Big Bill Broonzy:

Black, Brown and White*

Good Liquor Gonna Carry Me Down

The Glory of Love

* Once upon a time in Morocco, my imaginary college girlfriend and I were with a local who showed us how to find hotel bar that served booze. They refused to serve him.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 12:20:55 AM »
A brief, exhausted entry from the 13th Floor Elevators:

I Had to Tell You

No electric jug and, I think, underappreciated.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 02:33:47 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 27, 2018, 12:20:55 AM
A brief, exhausted entry from the 13th Floor Elevators:

I Had to Tell You

No electric jug and, I think, underappreciated.

Now you're talking.
TIME TO POST!