News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread  ( 43,159 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2018, 11:26:43 PM »
Episode 16 of Rainbow Quest, featuring Richard and Mimi Fariña. It's an hour long, but aside from Pete Seeger himself, well worth the cheddar.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 01:19:05 AM »
Anthem of the Freak Power Party, Herbie Mann's Battle Hymn of the Republic.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2018, 01:42:01 AM »
Mingus Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting from Blues & Roots.

This entry is going to get longer.

[Edit.—Oh Lord Don't Let Them Drop that Atomic Bomb on Me.]

[Edit 2.—Someone has transcribed the liner notes to The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady. I recommend reading them before taking it in, which I consider to be a better categorical imperative than Kant's navel-gazing.]

[Edit 3.—Better Get It in Your Soul.]

[Edit 4.—I hesitated on this one for some reason, but then my imaginary ex gave me cause to listen again: Eat that Chicken.]

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 08:11:33 AM »
Waiting for you to get to Uncle Meat.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2018, 04:04:13 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 01, 2018, 08:11:33 AM
Waiting for you to get to Uncle Meat.

Never been a Zappa fan. But that reminds me of something:

Halifax by the Hampton Grease Band. There's a video that goes with this on the BookFace account that I can no longer remember the fake E-mail address for, but so it goes; I presume that it's viewable by those who fren'd the account.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 01:06:39 AM »
Anyway, this isn't where I planned to initiate another self-digressive item, as there's more to be done above, but I have happened upon the unfortunate discovery of Loudon Wainwright and Iris DeMent mangling "Pack up Your Sorrows." It sounds like overripe pineapple.

And now I've realized that there's no realistic chance of my accessing More Bert and I from the storage area to record "President Harding."

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2018, 03:50:01 PM »
I'm just going to plow forward and add to the other stuff later.

Don Ellis' opener at the '66 Monterey Jazz Festival.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 12:25:11 AM »
A live version of Coltrane & Dolphy doing My Favorite Things.

[Edit.—In retrospect, I think I like the studio version better.]

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 01:05:22 AM »
Hell, I might as well shoot the works after this insane day: Bandala, from the Partridge Family. Includes Panthers, or something.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2018, 11:39:43 PM »

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2018, 01:19:23 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on May 09, 2018, 11:39:43 PM
Sounds of North American Frogs.

Warning: this is actually the sounds of North American Frogs.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2018, 01:38:37 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 10, 2018, 01:19:23 PM

I'm anxiously awaiting the review of this.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2018, 05:50:21 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 10, 2018, 01:38:37 PM
Quote from: Tonker on May 10, 2018, 01:19:23 PM

I'm anxiously awaiting the review of this.

Hey, I've got the two-CD set of Maritime Radio Telegraphy World Wide News as well as Frogs, which, I will note, is a Folkways classic.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2018, 06:33:33 PM »
Loudon Wainwright III, The Acid Song. This is the version from Career Moves.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2018, 11:28:57 PM »
Melanie, Ring the Living Bell. Gather Me is one of the few pieces of vinyl that I have segregated in the keeper section. Tarkio is more than just "One Toke Over the Line," as well.