News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread  ( 43,197 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2018, 12:39:19 AM »
RollinUke. I regret that his cover of "Second Hand News" seems to have been pulled.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2018, 04:30:53 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on May 29, 2018, 12:39:19 AM
RollinUke. I regret that his cover of "Second Hand News" seems to have been pulled.

Von't tchou lay me down in ze tall gress und let me du my schtuff?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2018, 10:09:14 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 29, 2018, 04:30:53 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on May 29, 2018, 12:39:19 AM

Von't tchou lay me down in ze tall gress und let me du my schtuff?

Yup. It was fantastic.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2018, 05:08:59 PM »
In a coincidence, I was listening to Tumours, Schlong's incredibly terrible-but-I-love-it-anyway cover of the entire Rumours album today.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2018, 12:46:32 AM »
Third Rail, "Run Run Run."

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2018, 10:30:45 AM »

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2018, 03:16:01 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on May 31, 2018, 10:30:45 AM
Sun Ra, Cosmic Tones for Mental Therapy.

I swaw Sun Ra at the Riviera, in a room filled with Chads and Trixies that were in no way prepared for Sun Ra.

Space is indeed the place.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2018, 11:00:33 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 31, 2018, 03:16:01 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on May 31, 2018, 10:30:45 AM
Sun Ra, Cosmic Tones for Mental Therapy.

I swaw Sun Ra at the Riviera, in a room filled with Chads and Trixies that were in no way prepared for Sun Ra.

Space is indeed the place.

Man, I saw Ken Nordine at the Vic, and it was bad, but a friend and I actually walked out on Fahey at the Double Door.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2018, 02:48:52 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on May 24, 2018, 11:32:56 PMit does remind me that some Laura Nyro could be appropriate.

I was really having trouble with selections for this one, until Scott Simon helpfully reminded me of what should have been obvious.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2018, 03:25:47 PM »
OK, so Sara Bareilles performed "Stoney End" at Laura Nyro's posthumous induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (there's a story here about a friend getting stoned with Wilco, but I have to get it straight), but I'm just goint to skip ahead to Regina Spektor's Ne Me Quitte Pas, which has nothing to do with the Jacques Brel.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2018, 12:49:23 AM »
I probably wouldn't have gone so far as to indulge this one had I not come across the Rolling Stone blurb:

QuoteAn utterly bananas video where Rhymin' Simon tricks out his 1972 pseudo-rican oldie with two Queens hip-hop heroes, showing off his street cred with true mathematics from Madden and lip-synching from Mickey Mantle. (Garfunkel wept.) Basically, you can't understand what the hell 1989 was about until you process the fact that this video actually happened.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2018, 04:31:02 PM »
Jesse Fuller, The Monkey and the Engineer. Screw Bob Weir.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2018, 12:42:58 AM »
Holy fuck. Ne Me Quitte Pas in Russian performed by Regina Spektor.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2018, 12:09:04 AM »
Upon due consideration, I'm  offering the Bareilles Stoney End.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2018, 07:35:23 AM »