News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread  ( 43,165 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2018, 01:08:10 AM »
Fuck it. At least it's live. I have to decide whether to bail on this door-knocking for Doctors without Borders gig. Great cause, idiot semiprofessional "leadership." I've already ditched the "rap" in practice in favor of talking like an adult rather than a robot.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2018, 01:38:37 AM »
Oh, and I have a sense of where this may be going for a bit.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2018, 07:16:07 AM »

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2018, 03:03:40 PM »
Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpennt and Harry S Truman doing Raggmopp.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2018, 08:57:01 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 18, 2018, 03:03:40 PM
Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpennt and Harry S Truman doing Raggmopp.

I can't have been the only one excited to see Daws Butler was involved.

On second thought, I very much can.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2018, 05:01:37 PM »
This is such a peculiar find that I can't resist: Madness covers Mother and Child Reunion.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2018, 05:49:27 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 19, 2018, 05:01:37 PM
This is such a peculiar find that I can't resist: Madness covers Mother and Child Reunion.
That sounded exactly how I expected it would.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2018, 01:21:30 AM »
Quote from: Bort on June 19, 2018, 05:49:27 PM

One of the cats who I try to work with, and who is stuck "living" in a motherfucking trap, only calms down when I sing him Paul Simon songs. The woman who runs the "rescue" is approaching batshit crazy.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2018, 12:14:26 AM »
R. Dean Taylor, Indiana Wants Me. I'd call it a classic of the genre, but I'm not sure there actually is one.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2018, 12:28:51 AM »
Side 1 of Orson Welles reading The Begatting of the President. The rest is floating around in bits and pieces if anyone cares to go looking for side 2.

There is a back story here, though. What is now Chabad House (the closest religion to Judaism) used to house the Rosicrucians on campus, and one day they put out free books. I scored this and The Wit and Wisdom of Spiro T. Agnew.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2018, 04:11:47 PM »
Two versions of "The Vegetable Song": Jimmy the Clown and Li'l Stevie. The latter isn't the live version that I have on an older machine.

Hell, while I'm at it, I might as well throw in When the Cubs Go Marching In from Live at the Earl of Old Town.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2018, 11:33:45 AM »
I guess it's come to this: I'm going to invoke Vachel Lindsay. The Congo. This is crappier audio than my vinyl copy, but so be it. The weird thing is that there appear to be some live group performances of it on Y---be.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2018, 09:54:19 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 20, 2018, 01:21:30 AM
Quote from: Bort on June 19, 2018, 05:49:27 PM

One of the cats who I try to work with, and who is stuck "living" in a motherfucking trap, only calms down when I sing him Paul Simon songs. The woman who runs the "rescue" is approaching batshit crazy

Leave out the "approaching"; last night, she decided that I had had a stroke and freaked out my friends to the point that they were searching for me on the street and I was in the ED until 3 a.m.

As a consequence, I present a Finninsh cover of "YMCA." Rest assured that there was a time when I was a genuine connoisseur of Finnish pop covers, although this one was sent to me as a retort to my sending
"Belly of the Whale" from the ED.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2018, 11:06:32 PM »

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2018, 10:18:24 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 23, 2018, 11:06:32 PM
Finnish cover of "A Horse with No Name." Trust me on this one.

I was skeptical at first, but the horns towards the end reallly won me over.