News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread  ( 43,158 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2018, 12:55:50 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 16, 2018, 09:16:23 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on July 16, 2018, 01:10:59 AM
I can scarcely imagine what Grandpa Jones, given his vow to hunt the man who invented Daylight Saving Time, would have done to the bastard who came up with low-flow toilets.

Yum, yum!!!

You have to "flush" the goddamn things four times anyway, including the one where you have to stick in your hand to wipe off the fucking bowl. I prefer the industrial-handle style.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2018, 03:19:07 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on July 17, 2018, 12:55:50 AM
I can scarcely imagine what Grandpa Jones, given his vow to hunt the man who invented Daylight Saving Time, would have done to the bastard who came up with low-flow toilets.

Yum, yum!!!

You have to "flush" the goddamn things four times anyway, including the one where you have to stick in your hand to wipe off the fucking bowl. I prefer the industrial-handle style.

You could always invest in a bog brush.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2018, 08:48:10 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 17, 2018, 03:19:07 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on July 17, 2018, 12:55:50 AM

Yum, yum!!!

You could always invest in a bog brush.

Yes, sanitizing a brush every time makes perfect sense. Because you don't have to flush yet an additional time. Oh, wait.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2018, 10:54:49 PM »
I was really hoping for something from "God and Hair," but it's all very formulaic. Sorry, Sky, but the "mysterious hang-gliding accident" was probably a manifestation of Divine irritation.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2018, 04:15:39 AM »
Solomon Burke's version of Proud Mary, which preceded the Turners'. A bit more Solomon seems like a good idea, once I get some more sleep, or bathing, or something.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2018, 04:46:24 AM »
But first, the Van Morrison classic Ring Worm.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2018, 01:42:49 PM »
Back to Solomon:

Party People and, of course, the original of Everybody Needs Somebody. There's one more, but it's quite silly.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2018, 03:43:49 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on July 24, 2018, 01:42:49 PM
Back to Solomon:

Party People and, of course, the original of Everybody Needs Somebody. There's one more, but it's quite silly.

This is the one.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2018, 11:49:31 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 24, 2018, 03:43:49 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on July 24, 2018, 01:42:49 PM
Back to Solomon:

This is the one.

No, if you're going to invoke that performance, this is the one. "I need some dancers up here."

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2018, 04:19:17 AM »
I suppose here is the place for some live Rascals to follow up Solomon.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2018, 08:28:05 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on July 30, 2018, 04:19:17 AM
I suppose here is the place for some live Rascals to follow up Solomon.

It's a shame that they're all still on this side of the grass, they did a killer show on Broadway (Once Upon A Dream) that they took on the road, and now Felix is doing oldies cruises and Eddie is singing Sinatra in NJ. Based upon when I saw them a couple years ago when the show came to Chicago, they've still got tread on their tires.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2018, 12:50:31 PM »
Synchronicity strikes again: General William Booth Enters into Heaven, as composed by Charles Ives. I have the Vachel Lindsay original on vinyl.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2018, 01:41:24 AM »
The Allman Brothers' jam take on "There Is a Mountain." I would liken Donovan to Freud, in the sense of getting a few things right and the rest just plain screwy.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2018, 01:41:39 AM »
Man, there are a lot of atrocious covers of "The Midnight Special." I'm going with Little Richard's.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2018, 11:31:30 PM »
Time for some Hampton Grease Band:

Halifax and Six.