News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread  ( 43,179 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2018, 12:24:11 AM »
An embarrassing lacuna on my part: Elvis (who is everywhere), The Promised Land. And if you haven't seen Bubba Ho-Tep, get a move on.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2018, 07:08:12 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 18, 2018, 12:24:11 AM
An embarrassing lacuna on my part: Elvis (who is everywhere), The Promised Land. And if you haven't seen Bubba Ho-Tep, get a move on.

I'll second this entire post.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2018, 12:17:43 AM »
Lucy Kaplansky, The Tide.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2018, 12:47:56 AM »
This was bound to happen, if it hasn't already: Joe Cocker, the annotated version of "With a Little Help from My Friends" and the Belushi--Cocker "Feelin' Alright."

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2018, 08:49:20 AM »
And now for something completely different, the RTÉ Radio 1 radio documentary on Richard J. Hayes, Irish librarian and WWII codebreaker.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2018, 07:06:00 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 18, 2018, 07:08:12 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on October 18, 2018, 12:24:11 AM

I'll second this entire post.
And I'll third.
Well done.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2018, 11:35:02 AM »
The only version of "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" I can tolerate is, predictably, that by the Staple Singers.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2018, 12:15:51 PM »
My imaginary ex just got cranky because she had never heard of Victor Borges' Phonetic Punctuation.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2018, 03:02:04 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 31, 2018, 12:15:51 PM
My imaginary ex just got cranky because she had never heard of Victor Borges' Phonetic Punctuation.

Borge takes me back to days spent visiting my grandparents. They owned maybe 4 vhs tapes and one was a collection of his bits. EDIT:no. Two of the four were Borge.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2018, 11:34:33 PM »
Holy cats, I didn't even know that there was a film version of the Belfast Cowboy's It's Too Late to Stop Now tour. That was the first Van Morrison album that I ever bought. Domino.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2018, 11:26:01 PM »
According to my imaginary ex, the only tune I can actually carry is Chantilly Lace.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2018, 04:11:28 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on November 08, 2018, 11:26:01 PM
According to my imaginary ex, the only tune I can actually carry is Chantilly Lace.

Must be your pretty face, and your pony tail just a-hangin' down.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2018, 04:35:18 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 09, 2018, 04:11:28 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on November 08, 2018, 11:26:01 PM

Must be your pretty face, and your pony tail just a-hangin' down.

I'm so pretty that they gave me the discount for senior citizens at the beer store on Monday. Twice.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2018, 01:12:23 AM »
OK so these two assholes focused on Paul McCartney this week (and on the radio in the cat gulag), and they ranked one item as the second-worst song of the oeuvre, or something. I thus present the culprit, Uncle Albert and Admiral Halsey (cover, on general principles) and, for the hell of it, a late live performance of Venus and Mars from Brazil. The album was very hard to come by in the '70s in Arkansas. I think I found it at Service Merchandise. It was always a treat when they played it on KBHS, along with the long version of "Blinded by Light" (wait for it). The DJ, Rick Rowland, turned out to be a pedophile who could identiify weaker personalities. He's now some sort of preacher.

Let the Tonk complaints begin.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2018, 03:08:50 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on November 10, 2018, 01:12:23 AM
OK so these two assholes focused on Paul McCartney this week (and on the radio in the cat gulag), and they ranked one item as the second-worst song of the oeuvre, or something. I thus present the culprit, Uncle Albert and Admiral Halsey (cover, on general principles) and, for the hell of it, a late live performance of Venus and Mars from Brazil. The album was very hard to come by in the '70s in Arkansas. I think I found it at Service Merchandise. It was always a treat when they played it on KBHS, along with the long version of "Blinded by Light" (wait for it). The DJ, Rick Rowland, turned out to be a pedophile who could identiify weaker personalities. He's now some sort of preacher.

Let the Tonk complaints begin.

Seriously, though, I will never forgive Mark Chapman for shooting the wrong Beatle.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.