News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread  ( 43,185 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2018, 12:49:50 AM »
Anyway, I did say "wait for it." I regret that I can't find my favorite version of "Blinded by the Light," in which he breaks a string and weirdly has to tell the band to freaking vamp, so this curious acoustic version (the video is awful, and the sound is mediocre) will have to suffice.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »
The version of Kenneth Anger's Rabbit's Moon with It Came in the Night by "A Raincoat."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2018, 06:03:46 AM »
Might as well do the Liz Phair, since I can't sleep. Or eat, because it would wake up my imaginary ex.

The Tra La La Song. I'll get to the other ones later.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2018, 02:46:21 PM »
I had no idea that the Baretta theme was performed by Sammy Davis, Jr. My imaginary ex's cat is neurotically grooming her fur off, so I suggezted getting a cockatiel. Only now do I realize that the performers were cockatoos.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2018, 05:35:15 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on November 14, 2018, 02:46:21 PM
I had no idea that the Baretta theme was performed by Sammy Davis, Jr. My imaginary ex's cat is neurotically grooming her fur off, so I suggezted getting a cockatiel. Only now do I realize that the performers were cockatoos.

For a person who is a surprisingly big bible nerd, I was stunned to realize that title is a weird allusion to a gospel hymn.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2018, 10:31:40 PM »
Oh, I had my hopes up that Jimmy Cliff did a cover of the Baretta theme, but this is a different song with the same name, apparently.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2018, 02:13:04 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on November 13, 2018, 06:03:46 AM
Might as well do the Liz Phair, since I can't sleep. Or eat, because it would wake up my imaginary ex.

The Tra La La Song. I'll get to the other ones later.

It's only three two, as I don't recall anything whatsoever from the putative landmark:

Whip-Smart, acoustc from the Leno show.

Crater Lake, standard issue; the live versions are ghastly.

I forgot that "Go West" is atrocious. There might be something left, but I'm weary and not done with my labors yet.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2018, 01:32:29 AM »
Well, Alice's Restaurant should come as no surprise. There's also bonus indulgence, more Poi Dog.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2018, 12:16:00 AM »

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2018, 02:43:59 PM »
Southside Johnny, Walk Away Renée.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2018, 03:09:57 PM »

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2018, 03:40:59 PM »
This will depend on time zone, but Rabbi Joe Black and the Maxwell Street Klezmer Band with Eight Nights of Joy.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2018, 06:20:13 AM »
Given that (1) the Jackson 5 cover of "Doctor, My Eyes" is awful--perhaps thought of as a tribute to Wellbutrin on my part--and (2) the Gong Show outro of "Easter Parade" [sic] is seemingly nowhere to be found, I present as a fallback Gene Gene the Dancing Machine.

Left unfinished is the question whether DJT thinks Chuck Barris was a CIA agent.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2018, 07:00:16 AM »
Andy Kaufman does Elvis on Carson. Unfortunately, it's not Burning Love.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2018, 01:37:43 AM »
Given that I've mentioned the WFMT radio program in the hopeless annoyances post, I suppose I might as well get around to the song itself, which I don't think they even use as an intro. "The Midnight Special" has an an interesting history (and Wi---dia looks to have a decent entry), but down to brass tacks:

Pistol Pete's Midnight Special and Leadbelly.