News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread  ( 43,159 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread
« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2018, 03:12:23 AM »
The Colonel Bogey March. Seriously, if you've never seen this movie, it's time to put the kids into a low oven for a little while and get to business.

Use a towel or something on the rack, of course.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2018, 03:39:05 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on December 08, 2018, 03:12:23 AM
The Colonel Bogey March. Seriously, if you've never seen this movie, it's time to put the kids into a low oven for a little while and get to business.

I have always loved military bands.  As a kid I had an LP of classics, the first track on which was, indeed, Colonel Bogey.  Happy days.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2018, 12:46:37 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 08, 2018, 03:39:05 AM

I have always loved military bands.  As a kid I had an LP of classics, the first track on which was, indeed, Colonel Bogey.  Happy days.

See how this item from the 338th Army Band treats you.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2018, 11:22:48 PM »
G-ddammit, the "Choo Choo Ch'boogie" comment that I started last night and had nearly finished tonight was disappeared by Chrome when I didn't touch the screen on the tablet in just the right fashion. I wonder whether the "Textarea Cache" extension works in the mobile version of Firefox.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2018, 11:52:25 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on December 12, 2018, 11:22:48 PM
G-ddammit, the "Choo Choo Ch'boogie" comment that I started last night and had nearly finished tonight was disappeared by Chrome when I didn't touch the screen on the tablet in just the right fashion. I wonder whether the "Textarea Cache" extension works in the mobile version of Firefox.

Live.

A greatest hits version, which I presume to be the Decca issue. I don't know how faithful it is, though; rooting out a turntable-video version is more than I can handle tonight. No rest for the often weary and sometimes bedraggled.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2018, 08:48:06 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on December 12, 2018, 11:52:25 PM

Live.

A greatest hits version, which I presume to be the Decca issue. I don't know how faithful it is, though; rooting out a turntable-video version is more than I can handle tonight. No rest for the often weary and sometimes bedraggled.

There is never a wrong time for Louis Jordan.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2018, 09:31:08 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on December 13, 2018, 08:48:06 AM

Live.

This is why Fork was banned from the Bush funeral.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2018, 03:52:38 PM »
Quote from: Bort on December 13, 2018, 09:31:08 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on December 13, 2018, 08:48:06 AM

Live.

This is why Fork was banned from the Bush funeral.

Pretty sure it was me throwing glitter like I was Rip Motherfucking Taylor.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2018, 03:17:23 PM »
I'm going with my morning earworm: Lead Belly, Pick a Bale of Cotton. (Sadly, it doesn't have the "dat nigger from Shiloh" verse.)

Might as well toss in a live Goodnight, Irene while I'm at it. And the recording.

[Edit.—This short film has "Grey Goose" and "Take This Hammer" as well as "Pick a Bale of Cotton."]

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2018, 04:09:03 PM »
British Sea Power, Atom, with Redbridge Brass.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2018, 05:16:25 AM »
The Leopards with Mah Mah Chicken Pot Pie.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2018, 06:22:48 AM »
"The Promised Land": Chuck Berry,* Elvis, and a surprisingly decent Grateful Dead version.

And here is the W—dia history of the North American Numbering Plan.

* I know, the guitar isn't plugged in.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: December 24, 2018, 01:14:34 AM »
What is purported to be the first live performance of Fly by Night. The zany stereo effects do make me wary of the provenance, though.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2018, 09:32:16 AM »
Ezekial Saw the Wheel performed by Louis Armstrong and Dem Bones by The Four Lads (the version used in The Prisoner).

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2018, 03:06:17 PM »

Comet does indeed make your teeth turn green.
TIME TO POST!