News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread  ( 43,183 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2019, 12:06:31 AM »
Os Mutantes, Ando Meio Desiglado.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2019, 10:36:29 PM »
The Hurricane Tapes seems to be off to a promising start.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2019, 02:16:24 AM »
I actually have this on vinyl: If I Had My Druthers as interpreted by Shelley Manne.

The backstory is that I was dragooned into playing bass for the production of the play that somebody thought would be a good idea for a high-school theater troop. And yes, I put that there.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2019, 02:40:54 AM »

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2019, 06:56:45 AM »

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2019, 06:08:35 PM »
Bill Oddie, OBE, All Things Bright and Beautiful. It's overproduced compared with the one from the show proper, but I have to deal with these loose ends.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: January 19, 2019, 12:43:29 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 11, 2019, 02:16:22 PM
A "Promised Land" with Garcia vocals.

This was a serendipitous find not just because I loathe Bob Weir but also because the vocals have been stripped from every Elvis entry I've found on Boobtoob. But then, in the gulag tonight, some public-radio music show coughed up my original target. What to do?

It took only several minutes for me to smell the clover: RollinUke, 2015 and 2017. I'm leaning toward the latter.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: January 27, 2019, 03:03:22 PM »
Wait, I've forgotten Jimmy Castor?

"Hey Leroy," original and revised

"Troglodyte," with Lil' John Renaldi and live

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: January 27, 2019, 04:35:09 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 27, 2019, 03:03:22 PM
Wait, I've forgotten Jimmy Castor?

"Hey Leroy," original and revised

"Troglodyte," with Lil' John Renaldi and live

Troglodyte is about tdubbs.
Great choice.

I can't hear Bertha Butt without laughing.
That live version is killer.

If I may...
Screamin' Jay Hawkins "I Love Paris"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u473SSuHRwg

I spent an afternoon drinking with him at Biddy Mulligan's in the early 80's.
The coolest of the cool.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2019, 01:02:28 PM »
Just Another Nervous Wreck, Tonk special rabble performance.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2019, 11:44:47 PM »
I am perplexed by the tail end of the distibution for a search for Be My Life's Companion with "rollinuke" added, but whatever. This version by the Mills Brothers is older than the one I have somewhere on vinyl. Still works.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2019, 06:05:34 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 03, 2019, 01:02:28 PM

Heh, this was in my head on one of the campus hellbuses, and sure as shootin', "Give a Little Bit" comes on while I'm in line at the produce store. I think this was because my imaginary ex and her cat, I am told, snarfed my Palacios chorizo, causing me to wonder whether my life amounts to low or high comedy at this point.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: February 07, 2019, 11:47:36 AM »
More from Captain Spaulding: Unrequited to the Nth Degree.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2019, 01:02:01 PM »
This is a bit overproduced, but none of the covers are working for me: Dick & Mimi, Reno Nevada.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: February 14, 2019, 07:04:27 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 03, 2019, 01:02:28 PM

Seriously, though - what a fucking racket.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.