News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War  ( 2,747 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Avengers: Infinity War
« on: April 28, 2018, 10:15:22 AM »
HOLY
FUCKING
SHIT
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Avengers: Infinity War
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 11:42:37 AM »
yawn

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 04:29:21 PM »
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 02:36:28 PM »
It's good, but the number of announced upcoming films really takes away any emotional heft at the end.

But massive kudos for making a story with this many characters not just comprehensible, but fun.

Aside: Middle Murton and I did a double feature with Black Panther first, then Infinity War immediately after. Very glad we did that given how much of the movie takes place in Wauconda. I think even Al Salvi had a bit part.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 08:38:47 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on April 30, 2018, 02:36:28 PM
It's good, but the number of announced upcoming films really takes away any emotional heft at the end.

But massive kudos for making a story with this many characters not just comprehensible, but fun.

Aside: Middle Murton and I did a double feature with Black Panther first, then Infinity War immediately after. Very glad we did that given how much of the movie takes place in Wauconda. I think even Al Salvi had a bit part.

You are so Illinois it hurts.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 10:01:43 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 30, 2018, 08:38:47 PM

Bolding "Al Salvi" would have illustrated the point more.  Fucking Christ I hadn't thought of that guy in years
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 08:38:07 AM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on April 30, 2018, 10:01:43 PM
Quote from: Bort on April 30, 2018, 08:38:47 PM

Bolding "Al Salvi" would have illustrated the point more.  Fucking Christ I hadn't thought of that guy in years

Holy shit. I was not expecting to make a joke trolling TJ and Salvi's in the news the SAME DAY.

He was going to run for governor yesterday. Until he wasn't.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2021, 08:48:56 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 29, 2018, 04:29:21 PM
Quote from: Tonker on April 28, 2018, 10:15:22 AM
HOLY
FUCKING
SHIT

Having just seen this last night, I agree. There is no way I can think of to make a more aimless movie. The Carol Burnett Show was more sophisticated in composition.

For some reason, these are being aired in reverse order, so I'm catching the last two-thirds of Endgame now. Look: Your most interesting character is a CGI weasel. Giving Hulk a Cockney accent would have been an improvement.

And everybody is on a fucking lapidary adventure. Buy a rock tumbler and go home.

[Edit.---It's a damn shame that the Fantastic Four movies all apparently sucked perianal fistulae. I never followed any of the Avengers characters when I was a kid and literally bought the comics off a rotating display in the front of the Ben Franklin.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 09:29:46 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 13, 2021, 08:48:56 PM
Quote from: Bort on April 29, 2018, 04:29:21 PM
Quote from: Tonker on April 28, 2018, 10:15:22 AM
HOLY
FUCKING
SHIT

Having just seen this last night, I agree. There is no way I can think of to make a more aimless movie. The Carol Burnett Show was more sophisticated in composition.

For some reason, these are being aired in reverse order, so I'm catching the last two-thirds of Endgame now. Look: Your most interesting character is a CGI weasel. Giving Hulk a Cockney accent would have been an improvement.

And everybody is on a fucking lapidary adventure. Buy a rock tumbler and go home.

[Edit.---It's a damn shame that the Fantastic Four movies all apparently sucked perianal fistulae. I never followed any of the Avengers characters when I was a kid and literally bought the comics off a rotating display in the front of the Ben Franklin.]

I understand this Wheezer post and I agree.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.