News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 309,910 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #1935 on: July 05, 2016, 04:08:59 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 05, 2016, 11:18:15 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on July 01, 2016, 01:13:48 PM
This is a safe space, so I am going to come clean and admit: after watching the first season of the US Office back when it first came out, I quit watching the series until now.

I will shortly finish the second season, and of course this show is as funny as people say it is.

On one hand, I wish I hadn't waited so long to watch this show, but now I have the entire series to binge watch over the summer. Pretty much every episode gets me to laugh my ass off at least once.

Season 3 is fantastic as well. You'll notice that it starts a slow decline in Seasons 5-7, then it falls off a cliff in the last two seasons. It'll be obvious why once you get there, but no spoilers.

On the other hand, the final 4-6 episodes of the series are very good, so it makes sense to slog through the last season too. Just a fair warning about some of the later-seasons quality. You've still got plenty of good stuff ahead though.

This checks out.

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1936 on: July 05, 2016, 04:37:06 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 05, 2016, 02:28:49 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 05, 2016, 01:49:31 PM
Quote from: SKO on July 05, 2016, 11:26:56 AM
Quote from: Eli on July 05, 2016, 11:18:15 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on July 01, 2016, 01:13:48 PM
This is a safe space, so I am going to come clean and admit: after watching the first season of the US Office back when it first came out, I quit watching the series until now.

I will shortly finish the second season, and of course this show is as funny as people say it is.

On one hand, I wish I hadn't waited so long to watch this show, but now I have the entire series to binge watch over the summer. Pretty much every episode gets me to laugh my ass off at least once.

Season 3 is fantastic as well. You'll notice that it starts a slow decline in Seasons 5-7, then it falls off a cliff in the last two seasons. It'll be obvious why once you get there, but no spoilers.

On the other hand, the final 4-6 episodes of the series are very good, so it makes sense to slog through the last season too. Just a fair warning about some of the later-seasons quality. You've still got plenty of good stuff ahead though.

Controversial opinion: I actually really liked the James Spader season, but then it was total trash until the finale.

Ed Helms is a dumpster fire.

Chuck is...right?

I was very worried.  Then I read this. http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ed-Helms-Naked-Gun-Remake-May-Trouble-75617.html

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1937 on: August 26, 2016, 10:11:32 PM »
Now midway through season 5. Dwight's fire drill tried to kill me, I was laughing so hard.

Reading through the thread,I think you have to give Weebs credit for voicing his unpopular opinion week after week. Also, you guys were a lot meaner back then.
M'lady.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1938 on: February 09, 2020, 12:27:50 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 29, 2011, 08:46:26 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 29, 2011, 08:40:42 AM
Good sendoff for Michael. Funny and not overly sappy. I thought Ferrell was hilarious in his first episode but he has gotten decreasingly funny since then.

Agreed. I was worried they were going to go over-the-top sappy with it, but it was well done.

However, the ending tag with Will Ferrell was so terrible I wondered if it was intentional, meant as meta-commentary (with Dwight looking at Jim and saying, "Oh no") on everyone saying that the post-Michael Office will suck.  Unfortunately, I don't think it was.

Uh, maybe it was, though....?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.