News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: They may be gone, but not forgotten.  ( 1,954 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
They may be gone, but not forgotten.
« on: May 29, 2018, 04:23:32 PM »
I am feeling nostalgic today.  Back in the 1940s my parents could offer me no better treats than to take me to the College Inn in the Sherman Hotel for Chicken ala King on toast, or to Wimpy's for a hamburger.  During the summer, before air conditioning, we would bring a blanket and spread it on the lawn and watch the colored lights changing on Buckingham fountain.  Then television and wrestling came along. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J Rod

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: They may be gone, but not forgotten.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 02:02:50 PM »
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2000-01-23/business/0001230329_1_german-corner-changing-chicago-historical-society

Only was able to eat there once as a child (early 90s sometime), but it was fun.  My grandfather grew up at 3110 N. Damen (family owned the building until the mid-80s), and frequented the joint during their time.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: They may be gone, but not forgotten.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 02:25:12 PM »
Quote from: J Rod on June 05, 2018, 02:02:50 PM
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2000-01-23/business/0001230329_1_german-corner-changing-chicago-historical-society

Only was able to eat there once as a child (early 90s sometime), but it was fun.  My grandfather grew up at 3110 N. Damen (family owned the building until the mid-80s), and frequented the joint during their time.

They always had the A/C cranking, so you could go there after a Cub game and nab some rolladen, then go back out in the 90 degree heat and suffer heat stroke.

Good times.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16