Author Topic: David Bote-O's...so KB's time on the DL isn't booty...splooge thread  (Read 94 times)

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
  • I've been workin them angels, overtime
    • View Profile
    • The Friendly Confines
I haven't looked at his actual numbers, but he strikes me as a +VORP short-term fill in for KB.

Hopefully that GW BB will be a good memory to get him through the rest of the Iowa summer.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
  • SUCCESSFUL MESSIAH
    • View Profile
    • Hire Jim Essian
Re: David Bote-O's...so KB's time on the DL isn't booty...splooge thread
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 01:23:34 AM »
I haven't looked at his actual numbers, but he strikes me as a +VORP short-term fill in for KB.

Hopefully that GW BB will be a good memory to get him through the rest of the Iowa summer.

He's basically Tommy LaStella with a bit more pop.  It's hard to see where the Cubs have room for him in the long run, so I guess he's trade bait who could find a utility man or even maybe a full-time gig on a shitty team.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
  • Why I don't go to St. Louis.
    • View Profile
    • HOCKEENIGHT
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 07:50:55 AM »

He's basically Tommy LaStella with a bit more pop.  It's hard to see where the Cubs have room for him in the long run, so I guess he's trade bait who could find a utility man or even maybe a full-time gig on a shitty team.

I agree. He's basically less-good Candelario, so when the Cubs make their deadline move(s?) I'd expect Bote to be gone.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
  • I've been workin them angels, overtime
    • View Profile
    • The Friendly Confines
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 09:25:31 PM »

I agree. He's basically less-good Candelario, so when the Cubs make their deadline move(s?) I'd expect Bote to be gone.

Well, it'll be a New Day in his career.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!