News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cole Hamels: A Cub  ( 4,472 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Cole Hamels: A Cub
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2018, 11:21:09 AM »
What thread is this?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2018, 11:35:01 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 03, 2018, 11:21:09 AM
What thread is this?

The thread where we get Cole Hamels some better run support by getting rid of Addison Russell.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 12:32:47 AM »
So far I am not unimpressed.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 07:14:21 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 07, 2018, 12:32:47 AM
So far I am not unimpressed.

Six innings and less than 100 pitches? What is this sorcery?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2018, 09:14:31 PM »
Cole Hamels is, in fact, good.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2018, 11:03:32 PM »
Cole Fucking Hamels.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2018, 09:11:35 AM »
Considering Darvish shut down after an inning in South Bend yesterday, this deal is even larger now. Especially if Yu has the Tommy John Disease, this makes Hamels' option a no-brainer.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2018, 09:44:33 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 20, 2018, 09:11:35 AM
Considering Darvish shut down after an inning in South Bend yesterday, this deal is even larger now. Especially if Yu has the Tommy John Disease, this makes Hamels' option a no-brainer.

I'm shocked - SHOCKED, I tell ya - to hear that Johnny Samplesize is FORKGM's new favourite player.  I don't wish to piss on your bonfire, old fruit, but Hamels has been not good for a couple of years now, and three or four decent starts against lineups that haven't seen him since half way through 2015 don't mean much.  I hope he continues to pitch like this right through to the beginning of November and that the Cubs have no choice but to sign him up next year for more of the same, but I ain't getting my hopes up.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2018, 01:51:56 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 20, 2018, 09:44:33 AM

I'm shocked - SHOCKED, I tell ya - to hear that Johnny Samplesize is FORKGM's new favourite player.  I don't wish to piss on your bonfire, old fruit, but Hamels has been not good for a couple of years now, and three or four decent starts against lineups that haven't seen him since half way through 2015 don't mean much.  I hope he continues to pitch like this right through to the beginning of November and that the Cubs have no choice but to sign him up next year for more of the same, but I ain't getting my hopes up.

It takes a pretty damn specific criteria, listed above to get excited about the picking up of said option. Shit, for all we know, Hamels only agreed to the trade if the Cubs agreed to not pick him up, and now he's just in a salary drive.

But if he keeps pitching like this (especially beyond Game 162), and likes being a Cub, who says no? I mean, in a perfect world, this time next year we're raising a glass to Hamels and enjoying a healthy Darvish and fixed Chatwood. And that twenty mildo that would have been Hamels being most of Machado's annual compensation for plying his trade between Kris Bryant and Javy Baez.

TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 01:53:18 PM »

Cole "Completely Fixed Now and Everything is Fine" Hamels will drink the blood of the nonbelievers.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2018, 04:57:15 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 20, 2018, 01:53:18 PM

Cole “Completely Fixed Now and Everything is Fine” Hamels will drink the blood of the nonbelievers.

In 2019'd
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 09:37:13 PM »
COLA MELS

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2018, 08:43:03 AM »
TIME TO POST!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2018, 01:14:50 PM »
WHOLE CAMELS

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2018, 03:09:09 PM »
TIME TO POST!