News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Founder  ( 1,428 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Founder
« on: November 13, 2018, 03:24:11 PM »
Michael Keaton stars as Ray Kroc in this telling of how he built McDonalds into a worldwide enterprise.

Also, I was leery, thinking it was going to be a sugarcoated telling of Kroc with lots of warm & fuzzy McDonalds stuff in there.

Nope, he's a colossal prick.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Founder
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 06:53:59 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 13, 2018, 03:24:11 PM
Michael Keaton stars as Ray Kroc in this telling of how he built McDonalds into a worldwide enterprise.

Also, I was leery, thinking it was going to be a sugarcoated telling of Kroc with lots of warm & fuzzy McDonalds stuff in there.

When I was a kid, we had Kroc's autobiography in our house. I read it out of boredom one day when I was home sick and even at like 9 or 10 years old I could tell he was full of shit.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 04:46:41 AM »

I can't believe they've remade this just two years after they filmed the original - and with the same cast, too, by the sounds of things.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 08:21:08 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 14, 2018, 04:46:41 AM

I can't believe they've remade this just two years after they filmed the original - and with the same cast, too, by the sounds of things.

They just put it on Netflix, Croc.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 02:59:27 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 14, 2018, 08:21:08 AM
Quote from: Tonker on November 14, 2018, 04:46:41 AM

They just put it on Netflix, Croc.

Yeah I just saw this a few months ago myself and liked it so much I watched it again.

I've generally been a big fan of Michael Keaton but I am really enjoying his twilight years (He was also excellent in "Spotlight").  The gruffness with which he brings to the role seems authentically "1950's Chicago guy". 

And yeah,  I've read enough about Kroc to know how ruthless he was but it never hurts to see this reinforced.  The manner in which he worked over the McDonald brothers is truly something to behold.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs