News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Goodbye Dolly  ( 971 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Goodbye Dolly
« on: January 15, 2019, 08:41:35 AM »
Carol Channing, 97.

No word on whether she had corn.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Goodbye Dolly
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 10:36:02 AM »
Embalming fluid is a girl's best friend.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 12:43:34 AM »
One of the NYT pieces fell nicely into place for me:

QuoteThat show, and her performance, seemed to have infiltrated the oxygen of the entire United States in 1964, much as the musical "Hamilton" would half a century later.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 09:00:13 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 16, 2019, 12:43:34 AM

QuoteThat show, and her performance, seemed to have infiltrated the oxygen of the entire United States in 1964, much as the musical "Hamilton" would half a century later.

Pearl Bailey was better.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 11:26:47 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on January 16, 2019, 09:00:13 AM

Pearl Bailey was better. outlasts another one 

Correct nomenclature, dude'd.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 10:30:21 AM »
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on January 18, 2019, 11:26:47 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on January 16, 2019, 09:00:13 AM

Pearl Bailey was better. outlasts another one 

Correct nomenclature, dude'd.

Pearl has been submerged for quite a while.
TIME TO POST!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 12:19:02 PM »
She went to the same high school that I went to, about 15 years before me.  "Hello Dolly" had yet to be written when I was in school, but nonetheless she was already a legend and our teachers reminded us of what we could become if we ate all of our spinach.  Steven Breyer, an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court entered that high school when I was a student.  Undoubtedly the teachers use him as an example of what the students could become, second only to Carol Channing.  Leland Stanford Jr. went there and when he died his railroad magnet father endowed a university in his name.  (Rube Goldberg also went to that school.  Are you jealous yet?)  It was, and is, a pretty snooty public school.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 04:19:47 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 22, 2019, 12:19:02 PM
She went to the same high school that I went to, about 15 years before me.  "Hello Dolly" had yet to be written when I was in school, but nonetheless she was already a legend and our teachers reminded us of what we could become if we ate all of our spinach.  Steven Breyer, an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court entered that high school when I was a student.  Undoubtedly the teachers use him as an example of what the students could become, second only to Carol Channing.  Leland Stanford Jr. went there and when he died his railroad magnet father endowed a university in his name.  (Rube Goldberg also went to that school.  Are you jealous yet?)  It was, and is, a pretty snooty public school.

We get it, you're a huge disappointment to your high school.
TIME TO POST!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 05:28:59 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on January 22, 2019, 04:19:47 PM

You said it!  They tried to stop me from going to the University of California because they thought that I would drag down the gradepoint average of their alumni. What a bunch of a-holes.  I should have flunked out of UC.  That would have served them right!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 05:41:39 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 22, 2019, 05:28:59 PM

You said it!  They tried to stop me from going to the University of California because they thought that I would drag down the gradepoint average of their alumni. What a bunch of a-holes.  I should have flunked out of UC.  That would have served them right!

Ted Nugent went to my high school.
Beat that!
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 07:39:30 AM »
Quote from: flannj on January 22, 2019, 05:41:39 PM

Beat that!

Ok. I'll try.

Ted Nugent didn't go to my high school?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 08:17:51 AM »
Quote from: flannj on January 22, 2019, 05:41:39 PM

Beat that!

Steven Kazmierczak, who not only hails from the same high school as I do, but did one better by shooting up my college alma mater.