News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: How We Learned to Stop Worrying And Love The Cubs (again): Your 2019 Thread  ( 11,229 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on April 04, 2019, 04:44:39 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 03, 2019, 04:38:55 PM
CUBS SIGN 5-YEAR EXTENSION WITH RIGHT-HANDED-HITTING, BEARDED THIRD BASEMAN WEARING A JERSEY NUMBER IN THE TEENS WHOSE LAST NAME STARTS WITH B!

I, for one, am glad that the Cubs urgently locked up their *checks notes* utility infielder for *checks notes again* SIX FUCKING YEARS FROM NOW rather than doing anything about the SHITTY FUCKING BULLPEN THAT, FIVE GAMES INTO THE SEASON, HAS COUGHED UP THREE GAMES ALREADY.

I'm really looking forward to David Bote still being on the team when KB, Tony Ballgame, Javy and Schwarbs have all moved on without winning another WS because CJF EDWARDS, TYLER CUNTWOOD and MIKE MONTFUCKINGGOMERY.

I mean, even if the plan here is to launch Russell...You don't have to pay $15 million to have anybody do David Bote things.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
QuoteI, for one, am glad that the Cubs urgently locked up their *checks notes* utility infielder for *checks notes again* SIX FUCKING YEARS FROM NOW rather than doing anything about the SHITTY FUCKING BULLPEN THAT, FIVE GAMES INTO THE SEASON, HAS COUGHED UP THREE GAMES ALREADY.

Hey, who am I?

QuoteCome on, man - we're three games into the season.  Yeesh.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Wheezer on April 04, 2019, 01:48:24 PM
QuoteI, for one, am glad that the Cubs urgently locked up their *checks notes* utility infielder for *checks notes again* SIX FUCKING YEARS FROM NOW rather than doing anything about the SHITTY FUCKING BULLPEN THAT, FIVE GAMES INTO THE SEASON, HAS COUGHED UP THREE GAMES ALREADY.

Hey, who am I?

QuoteCome on, man - we're three games into the season.  Yeesh.

Yes, because my post was absolutely 100% serious.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
This team is absolutely unwatchable right now.  It's quite apparent that management from the front office, to the dugout, have long overstayed their welcome.  With the dead money tied up in Darvish, Chatwood, Heyward, and Morrow, this team is unfixable in the short term, and quite possibly for the next 2 - 3 years.  And to think, with that money, they could have Jake and Harper.  Two guys that actually would contribute to winning.

Add in what they've traded away for trash like Quintana, and this team is in a far, far worse position than it should be.  It's going to be a long season.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on April 05, 2019, 08:46:28 PM
This team is absolutely unwatchable right now.  It's quite apparent that management from the front office, to the dugout, have long overstayed their welcome.  With the dead money tied up in Darvish, Chatwood, Heyward, and Morrow, this team is unfixable in the short term, and quite possibly for the next 2 - 3 years.  And to think, with that money, they could have Jake and Harper.  Two guys that actually would contribute to winning.

Add in what they've traded away for trash like Quintana, and this team is in a far, far worse position than it should be.  It's going to be a long season.

(Fills chip bowl, sits back awaiting the inevitable 8 game win streak)
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 08, 2019, 08:56:21 AM

...refills vegetable substance in hookah.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

And then what happened?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on May 08, 2019, 02:09:34 PM

And then what happened?

Are you saying that giving up on the season on April 5th is fucking idiotic?
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Canadouche on May 08, 2019, 02:26:45 PM
Quote from: Tonker on May 08, 2019, 02:09:34 PM

And then what happened?

Are you saying that giving up on the season on April 5th is CFIHP has a long and storied history of being fucking idiotic?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 08, 2019, 08:56:21 AM

Damn, missed by a game.
TIME TO POST!

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

So, I was saying...

Joe gone at ASB. Theo after they finish 3rd or 4th in the division. 20-28 since the "recovery" to the start of the season. This isn't a good team.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 03, 2019, 10:13:42 PM

So, I was saying...

Joe gone at ASB. Theo after they finish 3rd or 4th in the division. 20-28 since the "recovery" to the start of the season. This isn't a good team.

Have you ever been right? Like, ever?
M'lady.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 03, 2019, 10:13:42 PM

So, I was saying...

I'll await your return once they drop 4 of 5 in a couple weeks, but you also ignore the fact that they've been 15-9 since the ASB.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
In case you were wondering, which you weren't, Mat yoo Troo blud still sucks.

Quote from: @MATrueblood
Jorge Soler and Gleyber Torres are going to combine for roughly 80 HR this year. Cubs got 1.5 years of veteran closers for them, plus a draft pick, less other players they gave up in Torres deal, are likely to miss playoffs for a second straight year due to insufficient offense.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Here is my dream 2020 lineup.  I will not be taking questions.

1. 2B Lindor
2. RF Bryant
3. 1B Rizzo
4. 3B Rendon
5. LF Castellanos
6. SS Baez
7. C Contreras
8. CF Hoerner/Heyward
9. Pitcher
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?