News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: How We Learned to Stop Worrying And Love The Cubs (again): Your 2019 Thread  ( 11,132 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: How We Learned to Stop Worrying And Love The Cubs (again): Your 2019 Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2019, 09:26:31 AM »
Personally, I'm stunned by the knowledge that people who own sports franchises are incredibly rich and are also terrible people.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2019, 02:14:47 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on February 19, 2019, 09:26:31 AM
Personally, I'm stunned by the knowledge that people who own sports franchises are incredibly rich and are also terrible people.

I'm not, except the Rickettseses loudly and repeatedly argued they were going to be different. That aged well.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2019, 04:47:17 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 19, 2019, 02:14:47 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on February 19, 2019, 09:26:31 AM

I'm not, except the Rickettseses loudly and repeatedly argued they were going to be different. That aged well.

They fielded a World Champion. All they did was overestimate the shelf life on that goodwill.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Christian Bergman scouting report: Christian Bergman pitches like a position player.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 02, 2019, 04:27:42 PM
Christian Bergman scouting report: Christian Bergman pitches like a position player.

Intrepid Reader: Tony Ballgame

Hey!
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on March 03, 2019, 04:52:13 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on March 02, 2019, 04:27:42 PM

Intrepid Reader: Tony Ballgame

Hey!

It's okay when you are a position player. It's not when you're a pitcher! Or "pitcher."

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Please tell me that Zagurski's nickname is "Bronco".
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CBStew on March 06, 2019, 05:25:03 PM

I thought his nickname was "Fat Mike".
TIME TO POST!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on March 07, 2019, 09:00:36 AM

"Tiny"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Oleg on March 07, 2019, 11:17:01 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on March 07, 2019, 09:00:36 AM

"Tiny"

A Zagurski/Mekkes bullpen dance is that this nation needs.
TIME TO POST!

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
IT'S SPRING!    Of course it won't really be Spring until the first pitch is thrown.  But technically, I made it to another season!  Oh frabjeous day!  Tulloo, tullay.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CBStew on March 21, 2019, 12:21:51 PM
IT'S SPRING!    Of course it won't really be Spring until the first pitch is thrown.  But technically, I made it to another season!  Oh frabjeous day!  Tulloo, tullay.

Yeah...this offseason has been too goddamn long.  Bring on the real baseball.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Six errors?  My grandson's little league team has never made six errors in a game.  Well, almost never. 

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 03, 2019, 04:38:55 PM
CUBS SIGN 5-YEAR EXTENSION WITH RIGHT-HANDED-HITTING, BEARDED THIRD BASEMAN WEARING A JERSEY NUMBER IN THE TEENS WHOSE LAST NAME STARTS WITH B!

I, for one, am glad that the Cubs urgently locked up their *checks notes* utility infielder for *checks notes again* SIX FUCKING YEARS FROM NOW rather than doing anything about the SHITTY FUCKING BULLPEN THAT, FIVE GAMES INTO THE SEASON, HAS COUGHED UP THREE GAMES ALREADY.

I'm really looking forward to David Bote still being on the team when KB, Tony Ballgame, Javy and Schwarbs have all moved on without winning another WS because CJF EDWARDS, TYLER CUNTWOOD and MIKE MONTFUCKINGGOMERY.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.