News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Simulated 2019 season on OOTP Baseball  ( 1,026 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Simulated 2019 season on OOTP Baseball
« on: March 26, 2019, 09:17:48 AM »
I bought OOTP XX because I am a bit of a geek when it comes to things like that, and while watching the Cubs play Boston last night, I had OOTP simulate the 2019 season. Maybe I'll do it again a second time tonight. OOTP this year has a "live start" feature in which we picked up on 3/25 with most of the teams current at the moment (Seattle was 2-0, for example). They did not have Eloy Jimenez's contract in it, and he played 15 games at Charlotte. Ian Happ also spent zero days in simulated Des Moines.

For those wondering, Dallas Keuchel signed with Washington the first week of April, and Craig Kimbrel held out until July when he signed with the Angels.

As for some good news:

The Cubs won the division comfortably over Milwaukee and St. Louis, who both miss the playoffs. Surprisingly, Philadelphia finishes fourth despite a 7+ WAR season from Harper, and the Braves and Nats go to the Wild Card. The Padres got hot in September and beat out the Rockies in the West.

The Cubs won the division despite Yu Darvish (herniated disc) and Brandon Morrow (Tommy John disease) went on the DL. Bryant and Baez had good years, and strangely, Ian Happ displaced Schwarber in left. Strop and Carl's Jr.  did a fine job as closer by committee.

The computer AI somehow decided that the Astros would trade Colin McHugh for Caratini and Cole Roederer shortly after Darvish went down. Look at what Caratini did in Houston, though. Still, roboJepstink did a fine job.

(nice 1-for-53 from Lester)

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Simulated 2019 season on OOTP Baseball
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 09:28:21 AM »
I'm sure you want to know about the Cardinals and Brewers. At 89 and 90 wins, nothing too bad happened. Yelich came back to earth a little bit, Braun sucked a bit so they traded for Khris Davis, and their pitching wasn't as strong. St. Louis had some injuries, particularly to Andrew Miller, that seemed to hurt them.

(St. Louis traded for Familia in July)

And real quick, here's just a thumbnail of the two other division winners as well as the Phillies.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 09:32:12 AM »
If you're curious about AL action, I can get into it further, but I thought some of you would like to check in on the rebuilding effort on the South Side.

Well, Eloy struggled with AL pitching, even though he had his moments. The rest of the team, was 1962 Mets/2018 Orioles/2003 Tigers bad.

Oleg's twin got fired before Labor Day. (Replaced by John Farrell).

And Rick Hahn was let go at the end of the season.

(By the way, somewhere the AI extended Maddon to 2022).

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 09:38:54 AM »
Cubs made the playoffs for the 5th straight year, and drew San Diego.

Despite Bryant OPS-ing 1.945 with 5 HR, the Padres beat the Cubs in 5.

Besides Bryant, the Cubs bats went 2018 in Game 5.

San Diego won the pennant and lost to the Red Sox in 7.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 03:40:04 PM »
I still play in an online Tolkien-based fantasy league.
M'lady.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 04:54:48 PM »
Neat.

(Ian Happ wouldn't hit 43 HRs at Simulated Myrtle Beach, let alone the big club.)

The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 04:58:56 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 26, 2019, 04:54:48 PM
Neat.

(Ian Happ wouldn't hit 43 HRs at Simulated Myrtle Beach, let alone the big club.)

I agree.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 01:16:58 PM »
Simulated Chatwood only had 52 BB in 87 IP? That computer is broken.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?