News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Get a Life  ( 1,943 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Get a Life
« on: January 13, 2019, 08:53:03 AM »
Dear G-d, I had forgotten how hilarious Chris Elliott can be. (He was on the radio show Bullseye while I was laboring in the cat gulag last night.)

Behold Zoo Animals on Wheels.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Get a Life
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 08:36:43 AM »
Shit, I thought this was Chris Elliott's Dead Pool thread.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 12:00:58 PM »
I loved, loved, LOVED this show when I was a freshman in college and just truly learning the enhanced effect of the lesser sacrament. 

I haven't seen an episode since they first aired in 1990/1991--and never sober at that--but I will nonetheless stan for the Martin Mull as the talk show host Sandy with whom Chris wins a week living for a week.   Best.  Episode. Ever.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 04:21:20 PM »
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on January 14, 2019, 12:00:58 PM
I loved, loved, LOVED this show when I was a freshman in college and just truly learning the enhanced effect of the lesser sacrament. 

I haven't seen an episode since they first aired in 1990/1991--and never sober at that--but I will nonetheless stan for the Martin Mull as the talk show host Sandy with whom Chris wins a week living for a week.   Best.  Episode. Ever.

Speaking of underappreciated, we have Martin Mull.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 08:23:40 AM »
Yeah, I don't think I've seen it since the original run, but I loved that show.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

BigDrinky

• Idiot Savant
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 03:41:21 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen... Spewey.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2019, 12:04:46 AM »
This is the episode that I heard recently; there was also one in 2007, which I haven't had the opportunity to listen to yet.

The morning I posted this, I had also been watching some of the Letterman stuff, starting with the Banana Dance and then just plumbing further. I was cackling so insanely* that I woke up my imaginary ex.

*The starkly labile mood is a new symptom for me, but hey, the variety is kind of an upgrade over the staight-up internal version of flat affect.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 09:09:08 AM »
I've been scouring YouTube looking for the time Chris was on Letterman shortly after Madonna's coked-up shitshow, and he lampooned her pretty fucking savagely. Funny as hell.
TIME TO POST!