News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Peter King's MMQB  ( 67,166 )

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Peter King's MMQB
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2007, 03:18:36 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 01, 2007, 03:05:51 PM
Quote from: The Ghost of Josh Hancock on May 01, 2007, 02:14:32 PM
I'd like to take his wife.

And much like his game, Rex has out thrown his coverage.

Does that metaphor apply to millionaires? I mean, she's just a random hot blonde chick after all.

I agree. Even the third string QB for the Bills has a cute blonde wife. Really cute.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2007, 03:27:35 PM »
Quote from: Slaky! on May 01, 2007, 03:18:36 PM

Does that metaphor apply to millionaires? I mean, she's just a random hot blonde chick after all.

I agree. Even the third string QB for the Bills has a cute blonde wife. Really cute.

Cute blondes are a dime a dozen here in Arkinsaw.  I mean, literally a dime a dozen.  It's a very poor state.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2007, 03:28:54 PM »
Quote from: JD, Too on May 01, 2007, 03:27:35 PM

Cute blondes are a dime a dozen here in Arkinsaw.  I mean, literally a dime a dozen.  It's a very poor state.

Got a spare room?

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2007, 03:36:39 PM »

If I send you a dime will you send me a dozen?
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2007, 03:37:48 PM »
Quote from: Taylor on May 01, 2007, 03:36:39 PM

I would, but most of them are afraid to leave the state.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

The Ghost of Desipio Past

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2007, 03:43:42 PM »
Quote from: JD, Too on May 01, 2007, 03:37:48 PM
Quote from: Taylor on May 01, 2007, 03:36:39 PM

I would, but most of them are afraid to leave the state.

I can't believe that cheap bastard expects you to cover shipping and handling.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2007, 11:25:19 AM »
Does anyone have any idea what this means?

QuoteMaybe Chicago will be OK with the Lance Briggs and Alex Brown distractions on defense and the organization having silly blinders on when it comes to its uber-backing of Rex Grossman. I just don't get that one, because a team with a great defense and a quarterback who plays two good games and three bad ones should go 8-8.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2007, 11:34:41 AM »
Quote from: RV on June 04, 2007, 11:25:19 AM

QuoteMaybe Chicago will be OK with the Lance Briggs and Alex Brown distractions on defense and the organization having silly blinders on when it comes to its uber-backing of Rex Grossman. I just don't get that one, because a team with a great defense and a quarterback who plays two good games and three bad ones should go 8-8.

I guess it depends on how he does in that sixteenth game.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2007, 11:52:20 AM »
Quote from: Slaky! on June 04, 2007, 11:34:41 AM

So it took me about 2 minutes to actually look up the game logs and the way I see it Rex had (including playoffs) 10 good games, 5 bad games, and 4 mediocre games. Why can't this fat slob who is supposed to be an NFL expert actually punch up a few numbers on his laptop while he's chugging dairy creamer at Starbucks? What a douche.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2007, 12:07:51 PM »
Quote from: RV on June 04, 2007, 11:52:20 AM
Quote from: Slaky! on June 04, 2007, 11:34:41 AM

So it took me about 2 minutes to actually look up the game logs and the way I see it Rex had (including playoffs) 10 good games, 5 bad games, and 4 mediocre games. Why can't this fat slob who is supposed to be an NFL expert actually punch up a few numbers on his laptop while he's chugging dairy creamer at Starbucks? What a douche.

Because it's much easier to say that Rex sucks. Sure, he might not be the second coming of Joe Montana, but he played some great games last year. He laid a few eggs, too, but his good games to bad games to mediocre games ratio is a little better than what Matt Clement produced in 2004, and oh, were we going to rue the day the Cubs let him go.

Peyton Manning shat all over himself more times in the playoffs and in more spectacular fashion than Rex Grossman did in awful conditions in the Super Bowl. I'm inclined to cut him a little slack. Oh, and when he wins Super Bowl XLII, I'm going to send Peter King a love letter:
Dear Mr. King:

I thought you'd enjoy this comparison of NFC North QBs who have started in a Super Bowl:

Brett Favre: 1-1. Number of seasons with Green Bay before going to a Super Bowl: Four. Number of Super Bowl-free seasons since Mike Holmgren let the Broncos score the go-ahead TD: 10.
Rex Grossman: 1-1. Number of seasons with Chicago before going to a Super Bowl: Three (one as a 3rd stringer, two injury-shortened seasons). Number of Super Bowl free seasons since Peter King deemed him too incompetent to walk and chew gum at the same time: 0.

Oh, but keep those travel stories coming. Those of us in the Middle West get awestruck at your stories of jet airplanes and limousines as we don't get to see too much of that as we take our John Deere from feed store to general store to slaughterhouse. And Starbucks? Never heard of it here.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2007, 12:09:05 PM »
8-8, eh? If they do in fact have a great defense next year, how is this possible, even if Rex regresses like everybody with a clip-on mic seems to expect he will.

["expert"] After going 6-0 in the division they'd only win two more games. Which ones? The Raiders and one other win. The Chiefs I guess.

That's gonna suck when the Cowboys, Saints and Giants drill 'em. Cuz nobody in teh NFC can beat those teams, except for the Eagles of course. Then they have to play the Seahawks again and God knows they can't ever beat them, like ever, ever. Then there's the Chargers who are the third best team in football. That's an L. The Broncos are in the AFC so they win this game by default.

Man. Lucky thing 8-8 is going to be good enough to win the North by about 3 games or Lovie'd be gettin' fired. [/"expert"]
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Slaky!

• Still Slakin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2007, 12:13:16 PM »
Peter King is going to be mighty dumbfounded when the Bears win 12 games this year.

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2007, 12:18:54 PM »
Quote from: Slaky! on June 04, 2007, 12:13:16 PM
Peter King is going to be mighty dumbfounded when the Bears win 12 games this year.

He didn't seem all that dumbfounded this year when they won 13 after he'd picked the Lions to win the North. The man has no penis.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

TJ

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »
If George Halas had known that Peter King and Dr. Z would steal hundreds of thousands of dollars from Time-Life purporting to be pro football experts, he would have passed on going to that Tire Store in Canton, OH and would have spent 1920 as Babe Ruth's caddy.

bozos72

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2007, 12:42:09 PM »
Quote from: Slaky! on June 04, 2007, 12:13:16 PM
Peter King is going to be mighty dumbfounded when the Bears win 12 16 games this year.

fix'd
Validated Kermit, 6/11/2007