News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Why Joe Morgan should be fired(again)  ( 30,353 )

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Why Joe Morgan should be fired(again)
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2007, 11:01:42 AM »
Quote from: Down In Front on April 07, 2007, 10:36:14 AM
Quote from: JD, Too on April 06, 2007, 11:09:15 AM
Quote from: Down In Front on April 06, 2007, 11:06:01 AM
Quote from: JD, Too on April 06, 2007, 11:04:32 AM
It's Cowherd.  I don't know why people listen to that guy. 

They do? 

Apparently.  His listeners brought down the Big Lead.  Or something.  That sucks, too, because I liked that one.  Why didn't he go after Deadspin?  Because he's a tool, obviously. 

Nerd Wars.  Take two.

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2007/04/blogging-community-is-mildly-upset-with.html

A list of all the blogs ragging on this jamoke.  I only read a few, but the Kissing Suzy Kolber takedown was funny.  Also, look which one is listed 24th down the list.

Kind of a coincidence that his name came up here in relation to how he got into the bloggers' crosshairs a few months ago by ripping off material uncredited.  It was as if we conjured him up one moment (even though I was originally thinking of Eric The Silly Ass) , and the next moment--*BLAMMO* he's pissing off the blogosphere again.  That's right--I'm taking credit for Colin Cowhered being involved in a blogwar.

Does anyone else find it hypocritical that they're up in arms about this douchebag blatantly ripping off a blog's material, so they create a blog and blatantly rip off the American Airlines logo to be their own. Or was that ironical use--as opposed to fair use, I guess--intended to be hypocritical, thereby not making it hypocritical at all?

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2007, 04:01:38 PM »
This is fantastic. http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=15334

"Rick H. (Selah, Wa.): Do you think King Felix has a shot at the AL Cy Young this season? Or, will it be another year or two?

Joe Morgan: Dwight Gooden is the best young pitcher I've ever seen. He was better than all of them at a young age. "

Fork_The_Third

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2007, 05:31:30 PM »
Quote from: BananaHands on April 10, 2007, 04:01:38 PM
This is fantastic. http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=15334

"Rick H. (Selah, Wa.): Do you think King Felix has a shot at the AL Cy Young this season? Or, will it be another year or two?

Joe Morgan: Dwight Gooden is the best young pitcher I've ever seen. He was better than all of them at a young age. "

how soon until he's talking about pudding?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2009, 08:49:38 PM »
So now we have to listen to Joe Morgan and Steve Phillips argue the whole game? I'm not sure what I liked better - but I know that I hate all of it. What kind of a weak sister is Phillips to get owned by Joe Fucking Morgan in every argument?

This is a sad state of affairs.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2009, 09:04:50 PM »
Is this a first? Highlights of Joe Morgan turning double plays as he tells America how it's done properly.

Kill this man dead.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2009, 09:06:45 PM »
After telling us about how Theriot and Fontenot played together in college and the minors, two innings later he tells us that they have to learn how to play together
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2009, 09:27:45 PM »
Joe Morgan: I met Jackie Robinson once and said thanks.

Great story Joe.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2009, 09:32:49 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 12, 2009, 09:27:45 PM
Joe Morgan: I met Jackie Robinson once and said thanks.

Great story Joe.

You forgot the best part. Jackie had the privilege of seeing joe and the big red machine play in his final public appearance.

greatwhitehope1

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2009, 09:35:23 PM »
What about the part where he compared Soriano's swing to Hank Aaron's and made the startling revelation that Hank Aaron not only was a better hitter, but he struck out less too?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2009, 09:37:55 PM »
Quote from: greatwhitehope1 on April 12, 2009, 09:35:23 PM
What about the part where he compared Soriano's swing to Hank Aaron's and made the startling revelation that Hank Aaron not only was a better hitter, but he struck out less too?

I also liked how he said one day Hank decided later in his career to change his play and become the greatest home run hitter in history..

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2009, 09:39:56 PM »

Sap, y'all.  DANG.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2009, 09:41:19 PM »

DPD.  I muted Jon'n'Joe 3 innings ago, thanks to freebaseballradio.com.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2009, 09:52:32 PM »
Gay-thright joe calls him.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2009, 11:53:39 PM »
The showstopper was when Joe announced that the greatest thing about Prince's long, loud out was the fact that all the runners tagged up. Really? I thought I saw a dude track a ball to the fence, find the barrier and then time his leap to perfection to make a catch we'll be seeing on highlight reels until kingdom come. But those runners tagging up, that was incredible.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2009, 07:10:42 AM »
Suppan can't find the strike zone, is walking in runs and Joe can't figure out why Fuku taking all the way on a 3-1 count.