News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Why Joe Morgan should be fired(again)  ( 30,324 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Why Joe Morgan should be fired(again)
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2009, 07:28:20 AM »
Quote from: Simmer on April 15, 2009, 06:58:54 PM
I'm only half watching this Padres @ Mets game on ESPN2, but Rachel Robinson joined the booth in the top of the 3rd inning, allowing for this exchange.  I may have misheard it, but even if I did, I'm going to pretend that I didn't:
Joe Morgan:  Everybody called him Jackie.
Rachel Robinson:  I never called him Jackie.

He didn't even call himself Jackie. Always Jack.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2009, 09:47:09 AM »
At least her story checks out - from an earlier interview:

"When Jack began with the Dodgers in 1947 — by the way, I never called him Jackie."

http://content.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=4808

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2009, 07:43:00 PM »
Derrek Lee can't hit homers anymore because he's not confident enough.  Enroll him in sports psychology counseling, stat.  Thanks Joe!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2009, 07:47:10 PM »
DPD.  According to Hall of Fame GM Steve Phillips, we need "high energy" guys like Mike Fontenot, and his energetic .230/.314/.403 injection of energy.  Is energetic the right word?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2009, 10:49:30 PM »
Somebody ask Joe Morgan a question.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2009, 11:13:39 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 31, 2009, 10:49:30 PM

Do you like root beer floats as much as you think I do?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2009, 11:38:05 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on May 31, 2009, 11:13:39 PM

When I was with the Reds Sparky Anderson used to drink a root beer after every win. And we won so many games that he said he wouldn't have enough root beer at the end of the season to carry us through the playoffs. So I went out after the game one night and got a keg of root beer from a bar down the street from Cinergy Field. At that time they called it Riverfront because it's right next to the Ohio River. Or it used to be. It's been torn down now and the have the Great American Ball Park there. Anyway, I got a whole keg of rootbeer and brought it into Sparky's office and he said it would be better if he had some ice cream to go with it. Well, I couldn't get that ice cream to stay cold in there because that was in the days before refridgeration. So we had one of the clubhouse boys go and get some ice cream for Sparky after wins and he liked that. One day I walked into his office and he was spraying whip cream all over some young gal and I asked him if he needed any rootbeer with that. He told me to get the hell out of there and that's exactly what I did. Sparky and I had a lot of good times like that in those days. We were always spraying some young gal with something white and creamy. It was a pastime of ours and I never forgot it. Steve knows what I'm talking about. I'm sure.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2009, 11:24:02 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 31, 2009, 11:38:05 PM

When I was with the Reds Sparky Anderson used to drink a root beer after every win. And we won so many games that he said he wouldn't have enough root beer at the end of the season to carry us through the playoffs. So I went out after the game one night and got a keg of root beer from a bar down the street from Cinergy Field. At that time they called it Riverfront because it's right next to the Ohio River. Or it used to be. It's been torn down now and the have the Great American Ball Park there. Anyway, I got a whole keg of rootbeer and brought it into Sparky's office and he said it would be better if he had some ice cream to go with it. Well, I couldn't get that ice cream to stay cold in there because that was in the days before refridgeration. So we had one of the clubhouse boys go and get some ice cream for Sparky after wins and he liked that. One day I walked into his office and he was spraying whip cream all over some young gal and I asked him if he needed any rootbeer with that. He told me to get the hell out of there and that's exactly what I did. Sparky and I had a lot of good times like that in those days. We were always spraying some young gal with something white and creamy. It was a pastime of ours and I never forgot it. Steve knows what I'm talking about. I'm sure.

You just don't see teams today spraying young girls with white cream and root beer.  That was the greatest team there ever was.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2009, 04:38:22 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on May 31, 2009, 11:38:05 PM

Oh.  And did I mention that I had an onion tied to my belt because that was the style in them days?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2010, 07:27:01 PM »
I had forgotten he existed (seriously) until five minutes ago. Fuck.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2010, 12:48:16 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 04, 2010, 07:27:01 PM

I think having Orel in the booth last night was a major improvement over past years. Not that Orel's great but when he's talking, neither Morgan or Miller are and those gaps are priceless for the sake of my eardrums. Hersheiser even asked Morgan to clarify a few things last night, something Miller is either afraid or too oblvious to do whenever Joe starts on his incoherent rants.

Is Hersheiser staying with that group full time or was this a one-time deal? That broadcast went from F-minus to D-minus in my opinion. Not completely unlistenable but woefullly unentertaining. It's a start.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2010, 12:48:55 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 05, 2010, 12:48:16 PM

I think having Orel in the booth last night was a major improvement over past years. Not that Orel's great but when he's talking, neither Morgan or Miller are and those gaps are priceless for the sake of my eardrums. Hersheiser even asked Morgan to clarify a few things last night, something Miller is either afraid or too oblvious to do whenever Joe starts on his incoherent rants.

Is Hersheiser staying with that group full time or was this a one-time deal? That broadcast went from F-minus to D-minus in my opinion. Not completely unlistenable but woefullly unentertaining. It's a start.

Heh.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2010, 01:04:56 PM »

Until he starts banging interns, Steve Phillips style.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2010, 01:11:46 PM »

Having heard Orel without Morgan and Miller says more about how awful those two are than how inept Orel is. I mean Orel is just braindead. It's like he'd never seen baseball before he became an announcer. I don't know what my point is - but Dan Schulman could probably get away with murder if he really wanted to.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2010, 02:33:08 PM »
I really doubt if Schulman could get away with an actual murder. But if he offed two of the three chuggers in last night's booth, it would be worth losing him to a lengthy prison sentance with regard to improving ESPN's baseball coverage.